xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: XBit Install Technique  (Read 325 times)

Dareious_Rafe

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »

installed using pogo on a ver 1.0 xbox also swapped out original hd for a maxtor 160gb works awsome.

Foiled

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

I've installed about 10 xbits now. I have used all methods and had very few problems.

I did the different methods to see how it would go. I will always try the pogo first. My first install was pogo and it has never had a problem. I Use this as my travel xbox to my friends house. As far as a fav, I like the wire install. It lets you put the internal board in a better place for a case mod for the USB port and bank switch.

brunoboyee

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (BinaryProgrammer @ Jan 1 2004, 03:06 AM)
I sucessfully installed the xbit using the wired/soldered install.

The xbox is a v1.4 NTSC purchased in the US.

i'm not getting a xecuter boot up at all..how do i know my chip is defective? i've alligned it so many times i get a green ligh but never can successfully load a bios..please help..i'm using the pogo setup is thre any wire i have to connect to of the 11 wires i got..i didn't use the 11 wires at all am i suppose too? i have a thomson dvd drive by the way

ChuckieR

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »

Question: The soldered places the pogos go. Will it hurt anything to make a depression (sp) in them so I can align the pogos pins better?

Plaase help

lamrith

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (brunoboyee @ Sep 17 2004, 09:31 PM)
i'm not getting a xecuter boot up at all..how do i know my chip is defective? i've alligned it so many times i get a green ligh but never can successfully load a bios..please help..i'm using the pogo setup is thre any wire i have to connect to of the 11 wires i got..i didn't use the 11 wires at all am i suppose too? i have a thomson dvd drive by the way

Well, what is the chip doing/not doing??

I have done over 5 installs now, ALL pogo's (all v1.0/1.1 boxes)  The ONLY times I ever had trouble (fragging) was due to bad BIOS files on my PC.  The flash software will flash whatever you have, so if your bios file is corrupt you will have problems.

As a check, download a good clean bios and flash it without any modifications.  If that works, then try modifying  olors or whatever you need to...

gigahurts

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

wink.gif  everything worked fine.  Both have 7200 rpm 120gb drives.  ATA100 cables. No heat problems. Both are networked and ready to game.

WolfInstinct90

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

installing the xbit was simple and took about 5 minuts, 4 4/5 mintus getten the case off and on. I used the pogopin. The flashing was a bitch cause it kept fragging. I had to use the flash software and format it on every one and erase everything. And i had to fill both banks up. THis is how i got mine to work.

squirrel5153

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »

laugh.gif )
any ways my xbox is ver. 1.4 and along with the chip im getting a 80gb segate hdd
does any one know if you can FTP an unmodded xbox because my xbox has been FRAGin since i got it and i wanted to get the original bios from my friedns xbox(modded)

LazyAce

• Archived User
XBit Install Technique
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

bah humbug, i see where i was getting cofused on the installation, i was looking at all 3 pictures on modchip.com, instead of just the pogo, i guess that seems easy enough, but what about adding new hard drives, and flashing this, or does the chip come with instructins itself on how to do this?
Pages: 1 2 [3]