xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbit Diod?  (Read 174 times)

Genz

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« on: December 30, 2003, 12:25:00 AM »

before you do that, check your windows settings.

did you disable the windows firewall? check the ip and stuff in evox (under system somewhere, i think) and look, if they have a conflict with anything else in your network.

check your evox.ini. normally you assign an ip there and say, it is static, so your box will NOT get a dynamic ip from your router (may that be always the same or not).

so maybe you try ftping to 192.168.1.3 first. i think that is the ip that is normally set in the evox.ini.

Regards

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »

already tried that
thanks anyway

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

when i got the xbit, i noticed that there was a diod in it(the pack)..
i think thats what their called, they look like this --------:::-------
 just  a small wire with a little bead type thing in the middle.

anyone have any idea what their for and how to install?
that could be my problem!

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 05:26:00 PM »

thanks for the reply..

it not that its not working, i dont even have the diod installed,
its just the xbox wont read ANY bios.
i have 4 differnt bios files installed and everytime i try to load one, i get the blinking red light.(when it stealth mode, the xbox works fine though)
maybe somehting is done wrong

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

SNIPERFOX, do you even have a dashboard installed?

Genz

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 11:38:00 PM »

he at least has the original. so i think it is all a problem with alignment. his chip probably has no power (maybe he missed the d0 or something or he has a v1.5. but tell him about the latter only, when he has read some tutorials and can prove it ;D )

Regards.

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

FunkmaztafoX,
not yet, thats my main problem
only certain bios's work  for my box, evox m7 being one that works,
the dashboard cd wont boot though
and ive tried lots of different cd's
cd-rw and dvd disks, it just always comes up with a disk error

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

and i did open my xbox 2 times yesterday to confirm everything was alligned and set up properly, and it way.

does anyone know where i can see a pic of a x-bit instale don a 1.0 box with the wires soldered?

i have the color wired all soldered in perfectly and the xhip taped to the back of the x-box.
i assume that since im not using popo's anymore i wouldnt have to screw it in or anything anymore with the spacer

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »

sorry ColKurtz, i know it was a little unclear,
in an earlier post i did say it wouldnt boot any bios(which it never). later on, i somehow got it to boot up (which is when i posted an updated version).

i never tried a color version yet, i should do that now.

im not quite sure what a d0 is yet! (i followed a step by step soldering tutorial. all that was involved was soldering the set of colored wires to where the pogopins were covered up (and the blue wire which is away from the rest of the pinholes, which i think is the d0 you are talking about)

Genz

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (Sniperfox99 @ Dec 29 2003, 04:16 AM)
(and the blue wire which is away from the rest of the pinholes, which i think is the d0 you are talking about)

yes. that then certainly is the d0. Make sure you hit the right point. And keep us posted if your bios is actually booting (after you colored it a little with xbtool so you can be sure it is your new bios).

did you ('till now) tell us, what version your box is? that info could come in VERY handy too!

Regards

PS: And please stick to one thread. it's not too easy to follow your development through a thousand threads all over the board wink.gif

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 06:15:00 AM »

thanks for your reply.

i tried using the xbtool, but im not quite sure how to send it to the box..
i just click save when im done and it produces a nice little .xbt file.... now what?

by the way, i have a versoin 1.0 xbox

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 06:25:00 AM »

i will just re-cap everything i did so far in setting up the xbox so it would be easier to understand.

opened xbox screwed in chip and lined pogopins up right with dots and everything  (according to the x-bit website)

2. realized that the tutorial on the website is not for my version xbox (pogopin holes are soldered in).

3.so i took the mod chip off, and soldered all the wired that came with the pack, to their correct spaces, including the D0, then taped the mod chip to the back wall (inside) of my xbox, since i doubted i needed the pogopins anymore and it didnt say anything about it in the tutorial.

4. flashed over 4 different bios.:
                                                evoxm7.bin
                                                evoxm7_ef.bin
                                                 evox d.6.bin
                                                 evox d.6 ejectfix.bin

tried to boot up, and initally, neighter of the bios's would boot, after numerous tries, evox m7.bin and evox d.6.bin booted (i havent done the color test yet, but im reffering to "boot" as : powering up the xbox and making it not blink red)before, all i had was the blinking red light.

tried 2 different boot cd's on different disks, (cd-rw and dvd-r) and the damn cd still wasnt recognized.

so, right now, i have to do the color test, but im not sure what to do with the .xbt file that the xbtool produces.

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

try another bios like an xecuter.  x2_4977 and x2_4797 repack wirk well.

bucks448

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 08:26:00 AM »

so, right now, i have to do the color test, but im not sure what to do with the .xbt file that the xbtool produces.

The .xbt file is presets for the xbtool application.  It's not a BIOS.

Open xbtool,
click open,
select the BIOS file you want to modify,
modify it the way you want,
click save as,
and name it something other than the orignal BIOS file name,
flash the file you just created to your chip.

tried 2 different boot cd's on different disks, (cd-rw and dvd-r) and the damn cd still wasnt recognized.

The chip and BIOS you flashed may be working correctly, but since your box is a v1.0 you may have the original DVD drive they put in the boxes.  This DVD has a lot of problems reading anything other than "Offical Disks".  Most of the original DVD drives I've seen have a metal sleeve on the front.  If you have an original DVD drive, start reading the tutorials on how to get around this.

Sniperfox99

• Archived User
Xbit Diod?
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »

"Most of the original DVD drives I've seen have a metal sleeve on the front."
thats mine! "P

i just did the color test and you would be happy to know that the  X is now blue when i boot up
Pages: [1] 2