xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Chip Questions(want Multiple Opinions)  (Read 83 times)

aichdee

• Archived User
Xbit Chip Questions(want Multiple Opinions)
« on: December 25, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

1) you can use pogo pins on the 1.0 but not on the 1.5 so if u have a 1.5 u have to know how to solder

2) some people have no trouble with the pogo pins and others do, i myself had trouble with the pogo pins so i just soldered the wires

3) if you can get the d0 lined up with pogo pins then u should be alright

4) you can put a game into your xbox and back it up onto ur xbox's hd and then you wont need the disc to play it again.

5) #xbins on irc has just about everything you can want

6) all depends if you get everything lined up with the pogo pins, it can be real quick and it can be real long and a pain if u cant get things lined up

7) dont think it matters about the 2mb your bios probably wont be that big anyways

8) yes you can use the executer bios its what i use with my xbit

rpgsearcherz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 05:59:00 PM »

But, do the xbox game backups(on dvd-r) just run like normal games, or is there a trick to getting them to run? i dont feel like upgrading my hard drive in my system...

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

8) with this chip, can i use ANY bios i want, like the new Xecuter 2 4979 REPACK, or do i need to use a certain one?(and is this the best one to use?) Any BIOS should be able too, but the newer the better most likely. X-S has a BIOS comparison chart at http://www.xbox-scen...ios_retail.html

Good luck, if you go with the X-B.I.T there are plenty of sources to get help if you're stuck, as I have overcome my problems all in this one forum thanks to the group of people here. Now I too try to help out those in return for the ones who helped me.

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (rpgsearcherz @ Dec 26 2003, 01:05 AM)
Okay, but do the copied games(on dvd-r) run just like original games, just put in and play?  and also, when you buy the chip, where did you get yours at? and does it come with the usb cable, software, and installation diagrams?  and if i get a V5 later on, does it already have the wires for me to take it out of my V1 and install in my V5?  also, is there a soldering iron kit to help with modding the xbox, as you need a certain heat, and certain width of the tip?  and where can i get it?  thanks all.

Backed up games on dvd-r run just like the original, yes.

I got mine back in late oct from www.divineo.co.uk (but i think they're out of stock until mid jan maybe)

Comes with the chip, some wires, and the usb cable. the software and installation guides can be seen on the pinned topic of this forum.

The rest of the questions I can't answer because I dont have a 1.5 and don't know anything about soldering  unsure.gif

Genz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 02:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (rpgsearcherz @ Dec 26 2003, 03:59 AM)
But, do the xbox game backups(on dvd-r) just run like normal games, or is there a trick to getting them to run? i dont feel like upgrading my hard drive in my system...

As far as i know, some games need some patching done to the default.xbe (they check media for example). so when you stored the game on the hd, you just ftp this file to your pc and patch it and ftp it back; or when you want to burn a dvd, you ftp the whole stuff to your hd, patch it, make an iso and then burn it.
but that depends on the game. Just have a look in the backup-forum here. there are plenty of guides and they can help you if you run into any problems :-)

Regards

rpgsearcherz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 06:50:00 AM »

Okay, I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this knowledge, and I think I understand everything about the chip now, and will be ordering one soon.  Thanks again.  If anyone has anything else to comment on, you are free to do so.