xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The X-bit Scam  (Read 241 times)

czarkasm

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« on: December 12, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »

Mine works like a dream, I wish I new what the factory defect is or was.  

BTW,
If I were you, I'd take that chip back and go ahead and order one of them fake x-ecuters smile.gif

Ksw1

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

don't you just love posts by people who display their own ignorance by starting a rant that goes on and on and on without ever even thinking of checking their spelling or using proper punctuation marks to let the reader know when they have concluded one gripe and starting another telling everyone how this is such bs and this is such bs and then even admitting that they never took the time to read all the posts that could have potentialy solved their problem but they are sure that no one should ever buy the product because it did'nt work for them and since they are so damn smart and need no help from the forum that the whole world should listen to them and the company making the product should get a help desk so they can call for help cause they don't have time to read but they have time to post a really long and stupid rant that demonstartes to everyone just how ignoarant they are in the first place because they could not hack their xbox because the manufacturer does not really want their money

took12

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »

You're absolutely right KSW. Seems that a lot of people are just plain impatient. I bought an XBIT about 2 weeks ago and knew nothing about modding but found all the info I needed from this site to get my xbox modded properly. Sure, I ran into problems during the process but seemed to figure it all out by using these helpful forums.

mafianinja

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

same here....went from knowing little to nothing about the inside of the xbox, and after just an hour or so of reading I have a fully functional modded xbox, still playing on Live! AND rocking every emulator I can find!

trotos

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 07:17:00 AM »

it works as a charm for me, and i'm of the luckies ones to have a v1.1, with segate (10Gs) and samsung DVD (reads everything, still have to try one cd not cdrw)...
althought i got some problems witch it try to figure out, like the one disabling my xbit..
if you want check my threat-questions:  http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=49&t=137028

Genz

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »

Well, you certainly will never hear a word from all those, who have working chips. And since DMS certainly didn't produce just 100 chips or so, the majority just as certainly has perfectly working chips. In forums like this you naturally only find people who have problems. Why else should you post here?
But I'd be very thankful if you could settle this dispute via pm.

Regards

RG

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »

Hi thanx for the reply but i tried the wire install too...looks like it was just a faulty chip it probably is a really kewl chip and those who own working ones have a lot of good things to say about it but i have seen other posts since posting these comments on the forum and, it just looks like it needs more development thats all...bet we will see a new version come out soon.

Regards

Robertjones4

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 04:44:00 AM »

I had the same problem with the xbox fragging when i installed without soldering, lots of people do, it simply means you have a dodgy connection, i doubt the chip is faulty, all i did was take it off the board, cleaned the contacts and screwed it back down nice and tight checking it was alligned correctly, problem solved, if your a good solderer then maybe it is faulty, more likely that one or more of the wires is not making a good contact, also if you have a v1.5 and havent connected the alternative ground and 3.3v it may frag (aint sure on that one)

Either way good luck with it

Ksw1

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 06:12:00 AM »

°°¤¤ÑRG¤¤°° - My "Band Camp" rant was inteneded to mimick your original post. It was not inteneded to insult you directly, but just a statement about how so many people post to this forum without first searching the previous posts regarding similar problems others have encoutered, as well as not taking the time to read the posted tutorials both here as well as at the DMS web site.

I'm truly sorry you had a "faulty" chip as it sounds as if you performed both the pogo and soidered install with the same "non functional" results.

To date, I have installed over 2 dozen of these chips and have yet to encounter a "problem" chip. I HAVE encountered issues, but all of them have been "connectivity" issues associated with DO.

I certainly wish you the best of luck with your Xecuter when you receive it.

lamrith

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2003, 06:49:00 AM »

I will agree at the impatientness.  I am a complete noob.  I just started looking into modding about a week ago.  I already have the files I need on my PC to get the box running once I decide on a chip, it took about 3 days of reading and a single evening if searching.  Was it a PITA?  yeah a small amount, but I cannot blame people for covering thier backsides and not linking/posting things M$ thinks are illegal.

The one thing I find annoying though is when people ask what is better and they get pointed to the damn spreadsheet lisitng of features.  Features don't mean CRAP when it comes to how something works or what is better.  Install issues, programming, bugs and interface are what makes something good or bad, not just the feature set.

Think about it, a Kia Sophia and a BMW 5 series.  Both are 4door, AC, radio, power everything, yadda, yadda.  but which is better?  umm  hrmm  let me think....  Pricing aside, I think you get my point?

drunkpug

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

u sir are a 8 year old
go cry somewhere else
if u would of read a little before u buy all the topics u said have been gone over over and over and over

usb issues have been talked about over and over

fragging probs have been taked about over and over
u gave up too soon and started a ranting thread about a working chip that u sent back.  

so next time read more before u shoot off ur mouth this is not rocket science it is screwing a chip on to a board.

RG

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »

you sir...lmao...who the hell do you think you are...obviously an idiot this thread is so old now get a life...if you aint got nothing to do other than join a disscussion without insulting people then i think in regards to the "8 year old" thing i think the shoe fits you better...and someone that seems to constantly think of 8 year olds i think it's you that needs more help than me at least i don't join posts with "you sir" stop trying to follow the crowd and think of something interesting to say other than telling us what we already know be a bit more original..me thinks.

drunkpug

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 03:00:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

"also i am part of a direct connect network "

your nextel skills are elite!

lol

move along young buck nothing for you here

Ksw1

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

Glad to hear you got it working.

ryoaska

• Archived User
The X-bit Scam
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »

has anyone ever described to you what a period is?  you seem to know the ellipsis (...) pretty well, and that has three of them in a row!  Next time you post, borrow a few periods from those, and make a few real sentences.  Theres no possible way you do anything that takes intelligence for a living.
Pages: [1] 2