xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Dms Alive? Should We Stop Buying Their Stuff?  (Read 60 times)

gubernator

• Archived User
Is Dms Alive? Should We Stop Buying Their Stuff?
« on: December 09, 2003, 07:49:00 PM »

I was one of the first people to obtain an x-bit. It's worked fine with zero problems, so far (knock on wood). However, if I had to purchase a mod today, I would not purchase an x-bit, especially if your a noob to the mod scene. Their customer service is simply not there.

Am I saying the X-bit is bad product? No. My personal experiences have been positive, but any reasonable person can not ignore the vast number disgruntled posts.

So, if your a noob, stick with the proven manufacters which have exhibited good customer support. It's unfortunate that DMS, whose some excellent mods for the PS2, seems to have 'issues' with their Xbox product.  

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 08:11:00 PM »

I agree.  I have an xbit... had zero problems installing/flashing it and it's working fine.  Before I purchased, I ignored a lot of the posts related to flash problems b/c I have W2K, and because all chips have problems - it didn't seem too much different than the # of probs on the xecutor forum.

However, after reading for several more weeks, if I was in a position now where I was ready to buy I doubt I would go with xbit.  The problem isn't that the chip has problems, it's that DMS support seems non-existent.  There have been posts since the xbit was released about the flashing problems.  This board isolated the problem and did all the PD for DMS, but only yesterday did they make any kind acknowledgement.

At least Team Xecutor is resonsive.  DMS would do well to follow suit.

kabammi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

they updated today, 9th Dec --> with some message about a batch of xbits. Alas, the rest of their site is still untouched though.
Without this forum, I would've strugged getting my xbit working as easily as I did.
It would be relatively easy to compile all the experiences from this forum and make a "how to install xbit modchips" website somewhere..  but I agree, it would best be done by DMS, the people who produce the chips.