xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fixed Stealth Frag And Did "no Solder" Power Mod  (Read 89 times)

mafianinja

• Archived User
Fixed Stealth Frag And Did "no Solder" Power Mod
« on: December 05, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

OK...so I did the pogo pin install and everything worked except in Stealth mode it would just frag and not boot.  I was using the EVO M7 bios.

Here's what I did.
First I flashed a new bank with the Xecuter2.4979_REPACK so that I would be able to see the "xecuter" instead of MS

Next I read that a few people fixed the stealth problem by "wiggling" their chip.  So I did the same.  I didn't actually wiggle I just did a slight (very slight) clockwise turn keeping the pin in d0.   Tested it with everything still open and IT WORKED!  So...if you are having the stealth boot problem I really think it is just bad chip placement.

Next....I did this:
http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=49&t=112449

I used the wires that came with the chip like someone else mentioned in that thread...just soldered 2 of them together for length.  (I absolutly suck at soldering by the way, so don't be scared...my hands are shakey like Ozzy) Soldered to the XBIT and just shoved the wire down in the power cable and taped it.  Tested and BOOYA! Works!

Now I figured I didn't really need access to the dipswitches, and since I take my xbox to other peoples houses I wanted to keep the external chip safe so I put it inside.  I used double sided tape and stuck it to the side of the DVD player housing right near where I had previously run the cables through the case.

I mounted it with the USB port up just incase.  With it here I can still see the light from the LED through the case vents AND I could use a small screwdriver (like one for eyeglasses) to mess with the dipswitches if I ever need to.

Lastly I shoved the USB cable inside the case by the DVD IDE port so I won't lose it AND I will have to open the case to use it anyway.  Though since everything is up and running I don't forsee having to flash the chip anytime soon.  Hope this helps and a big thank you to everyones posts who helped me.