xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Green Light When I Connect To Usb.  (Read 125 times)

Anfed

• Archived User
No Green Light When I Connect To Usb.
« on: November 29, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »

yeah i have my chip in and running with all the crap on it now and when i did an external flash it did have a light but it worked and now that it is connected the green light is on whenever i turn it on

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

when i did an external flash it did have a light but it worked

Thanks for the quick reply!

You say you did have a light when you did external flash, but you also say "but it worked".  Do you mean to say you "did not have light but it worked"?  Otherwise I'm confused.

Should I proceed with the format?

TeBear77

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

smile.gif

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »

grr.gif

Falaris

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 04:44:00 AM »

I have installed 5 X-Bits so far.. the Tutorial I was using said I would have a green light as soon as I plugged in the USB cable. This was not true. When you get your BLANK X-bit (they are all shipped this way) and first plug in your USB cable to it the green light WILL NOT COME ON. The windows should detect it and allow the xbit.exe to connect to it. Once connected you can then format it and flash it like you expect. Now.. after you have a bios on it and then connect your USB cable, like to update it or something then the green light will be on. But not the FIRST time you do it. I did have one problem where my XP laptop said there is a malfunction with the USB device you have connected. It turned out it was the little external board was bad. When I switched it with another external board the chip flashed fine and could still be used with the *bad* external board after flashing with a good one.

Hope this helps.. this chip rocks once you get over the few bumps that sometimes come up. All in all I have had one bad external board and 5 great chips. 4 pogo and one solder..

Still have one chip left.. in the Va Beach, Va. area.. if anyone needs one message me.

ColKurtz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

drunkpug

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

TeBear77

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

Falaris thanks for that info i realize now that it is what i did also...   just wantted to post that i have 4 xbits in toledo, OH anyone need an install get in contact with me