xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Problems (in Australia)  (Read 121 times)

adamscybot

• Archived User
Xbit Problems (in Australia)
« on: November 21, 2003, 11:35:00 PM »

I know this sounds a bit obvious but do you have the dip switches set on the bios number and not the bank number.

Ksw1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 06:28:00 AM »

Hiker - Did you prepare you D0 point before installation?

You might want to "lightly" scrape the D0 point with a small instrument to remove any protective coating from the Xbox Main board. Users have also reported cleaning the contacts of the Xbit as well as the main board with lighter fluid to prepare the surfaces for Xbit pogo pin contact.

You need to verify that Xbit pogo pins are making good contact with main board, and that the D0 point is seated properly.

To Me, Your symptoms sound like poor connectivity of Pogo pins-

Are you getting LED on external board?
Have you tried to power up with DVD and HD drive disconnected?

Hiker_42

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 08:26:00 AM »

Hi guys,

Did all that; prepared D0 by scraping it so I can see copper, cleaned it with pure Isopropol alcohol, cleaned solder out of the LPC holes and also cleaned them with alcohol. Made ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure D0 was getting good contact (magnifying glass and good torch to be sure). Even pulled the motherboard out THEN installed the XBit so I could see if the Pogo pins were fitting into the LPC holes and they were.

Also did what others suggested and formatted bank 6 and flashed the BIOS into the last slot (tired other banks and clots and no difference).

The green LED does indeed light when I turn the XBox on.

Also, if I enable the Stealth switch, the XBox does the same thing it does if it's disabled; power on/off cycle.

Oh, and I have tried booting with the DVD and Hard drives disconnected.

And it just does the power on/off cycle no matter what.

Any other ideas? (as I'm pretty much all out now)

BTW, I can format, flash, verify any BIOS I try and the xbit seems to be communicating fine. The LED comes on when I connect the xbit to USB and goes off while flashing, then back on when done.  And I can do this with any bank and slot I try. Seems there's communication with the XBit and my PC, just not with the XBit and XBox..

Just to recap, I have a V1.0 XBox (has the GPU fan, D0 is in the old location,  etc)

And as for where I found the XBit in Australia, I'll get back to you when I get home. Not too sure if I should be posting the url on a public forum just yet.

Thanx all.

Morien

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »

Hiker_42:
if you can't post it in a public form, could you pm it to me please? I'm looking for a X-Bit locally also.
Thanks
Morien

MUl8R

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 05:26:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Hiker_42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »

Ok guys. Here's the place to get your XBits in Australia:

http://www.pxmods.com/

EXCELLENT service I might add!

boogs

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 03:41:00 AM »

Ta.

I actually came across that after a bit of searching when reading this thread. The bloke seems quite nice. You payed C.O.D at post office right? Can you pay direct cash? Or do they take eftpos ?

Sign of Satan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 05:11:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

zzzz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »

I ordered mine from http://www.gameshopusa.com
Arrived in less than two weeks.
Cost $80 or so aussie.

Another friend did the same as well.

My XBIT installed first time without any problem, sorry I can't shed more light on your particular issues....

Hiker_42

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 01:49:00 AM »

The thing I've really been impressed about with pxmods is just how darned FAST they get back to you when you have questions and the like. And tho I've not sorted my prob out yet, pxmods are going out of their way to help sort it out. I'll know after the weekend if the xbit I bought off them is faulty, by the way.

If you have probs with your internationally-ordered xbits, it might be a tad problematic getting the kind of support you get from somebody in your own country (I paid more for the xbit from pxmods, but feel like the extra cash I paid out has been justified, what with the help pxmods have been and all).

Shall keep this thread informed as to the result.