xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Xbit Installation For Version 1.5  (Read 144 times)

jimh54

• Archived User
Xbox Xbit Installation For Version 1.5
« on: November 19, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

Hey I got the same problems with my 1.4 version.  This is so damn frustrating.  I can find tons of info about installing this xbit mod to all versions except the 1.4-1.5.  This xbit modchip is "supposed" to mod all versions.  Here's another pickle.  I have a friend that has a 1.3.  I checked out my chip in his xbox and it works just fine.  Version 1.4 doesn't even allow the audio exploit mod to work.  Mirosoft has done some tricky shit with these newer versions of xbox.  Xbit needs to get with the program and have tutorials for these latest versions.  Hell the solderless pins only work on verions up to 1.3 so why the hell don't they have installation instructions for 1.4 and or 1.5?  It is frustrating paying this much money for a modchip that will NOT work.     HELP HELP HELP

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 05:48:00 PM »

I have a v1.4 xbox with a focus video chip and did the pogo install.  I have removed and reinstalled my xbit a dozen times and it works perfect every time.

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 09:07:00 PM »

Same here, Thompson DVD.

Did you format and flash your chip before installing it?  That was my first step.

Are you sure it's not a 1.5?

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »

there's a lot  more about 1.5 in the xecuter forum.  also, do a search - someone in this forum posted pics of what wires to solder for 1.5, not sure if you have to for 1.4.

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (gadgetaddict @ Nov 20 2003, 06:59 AM)
there's a lot  more about 1.5 in the xecuter forum.  also, do a search - someone in this forum posted pics of what wires to solder for 1.5, not sure if you have to for 1.4.

No soldering needed on v1.4.

Oxel

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »

bergkampf:
use a multimeter to check if pin 2 on lpc is grounded.
if it is grounded you're the proud owner of a v1.4 if not you have a v1.5

http://www.xbox-scen.../versions_5.php

boogs

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 03:39:00 AM »

C'mon, somebody must have some clue or idea as to how to do this properly!

An easy to follow tutorial would be really nice!!  wink.gif

Leprechaun

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »

hey chelrob
I'm 99% sure I have v1.4 and I can't get the pogopins to line up and have the d0 pin line up, you have anyway to show me where your d0 pin on your x-bit is goin? If I have the pogopins to the LPC line up the d0 pin is not touching anything.

thanks to all for any help

MrCapcom

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

i installed my xbit on a version 1.5 and worked fine. I did a post on some of the problems i had, but they was all noob problems. anywho  blink.gif for the pogo install i just used the tut on the dms web site and i had no problem line everything up. I did however flash the chip before i put the chip in. make sure when you put the wires out the side it doesnt pull the chip off alignment and make sure that you clean the points oh yea and make sure the usb thingy is plugged in and  you turn the stm off hehe i left it on and was like why it don't come on hehe if you have any problems just post ill help

MrCapcom

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

oh yea i never installed the stm on my version 5 either

dmmeadowsjr

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

have two xboxes and i was wondering if i modded one of them if you could play system linked game withe one of them modded with a copy of a game on the hard drive and the other one with a official game disk in a non-modded xbox with each other, or if i modded both of them could i play a backed up copy of a game system linked.

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 06:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (MrCapcom @ Nov 26 2003, 11:37 PM)
i installed my xbit on a version 1.5 and worked fine. I did a post on some of the problems i had, but they was all noob problems. anywho  blink.gif for the pogo install i just used the tut on the dms web site and i had no problem line everything up. I did however flash the chip before i put the chip in. make sure when you put the wires out the side it doesnt pull the chip off alignment and make sure that you clean the points oh yea and make sure the usb thingy is plugged in and  you turn the stm off hehe i left it on and was like why it don't come on hehe if you have any problems just post ill help

if you didnt solder it, then its a 1.4, NOT a 1.5!

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 06:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (dmmeadowsjr @ Nov 27 2003, 04:02 PM)
have two xboxes and i was wondering if i modded one of them if you could play system linked game withe one of them modded with a copy of a game on the hard drive and the other one with a official game disk in a non-modded xbox with each other, or if i modded both of them could i play a backed up copy of a game system linked.

dont see why not! cool.gif

Rohaq

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2003, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (dmmeadowsjr @ Nov 27 2003, 04:02 PM)

Going to test that theory next Monday with THUG. I know its not entirely legal, but I'm not renting games and copying them to my HDD forever, I'm playing a few link games with a friend, and taking my game back. He's thinking of getting THUG anyway, maybe the link games will convince him wink.gif

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

beerchug.gif