xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Poll  (Read 164 times)

ACS

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« on: November 11, 2003, 07:22:00 AM »

Personaly I do not like the xbit.

moistness

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »

wink.gif )

chefelf

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »

X-bit could be the best modchip.  The features are amazing in theory and the chip's install is a breeze (also in theory).

However they are unreliable and their site offers little support.  With better flash software and a more reliable chip it could easiliy be the best.

DMS will either phase the chip out or make the necessary improvements.  Until those improvements are made I'm putting my money behind the Xecutor being the best chip.  I really hope that DMS does something to fix the problems with the X-bit because it's got so much potential in my eyes.

YLA G

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 08:25:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

i don't know why dms is so distant/silent.  they have a good product that yes, can be better - mostly in the software flashing department, but i have yet to see a single official post from them.  they're legit - their stuff does work, and they have chips for other consoles so they're not a little fly-by-night outfit, but they are strangely silent/distant.  don't know what to make of it.
it seems "Team Xecuter" is more serious - they develop the most popular bioses out there, and their hardware seems to be robust (I haven't installed it) and they have a presence on xbox-scene, so although i'm happy with my xbit, if i had to do it again, i wonder if i would go xecuter.
i also like a lot of features of the chameleon, and especially their new solderless solution for the P & E points, but it seems to be they're a little behind everyone else...

chefelf

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

I agree.  It's so frustrating to see something that could be so good just fall short.  They could practically dominate the Xbox modchip market if they just put in a tiny, tiny bit more effort with this chip.  They clearly put a lot of thought and work into the X-bit to get it released in the first place.  Why stop now?

I've just got to stick with reliability and Team Xecutor for their chips.  Until DMS chnages a few things anyway.

pieces

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

I love this chip and its never given me a problem in multiple installs. 98% of all problems people have are not the chip its the people installing them. Read, take your time and be very carefull and things will go alot smoother.

bishop05

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »

beerchug.gif now!!!

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

when i worked my pogo pins, one of the d0's popped up (the solder "seal" broke).  Of course, that was the D0 I needed!!!!  So anyway, I just pushed it back from the top, and tapped my hot iron to it and it re-sealed, but that is a complaint i've read about before.
Still, i highly recommend the chip.  I just wish they were more "into the scene" - i don't know how much feedback they've read - i had to admit, i like their design better, but i'm starting to be "more comfortable" about xecuter - they have a presence on the forums, and at least it seems they're more involved.

Rohaq

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

i suggested that they include a pre-soldered header pin on the chip, and solder a wire to the diode and put that on 1/2 of a jumper, so all you have to do is slap the jumper onto the header and you have a completely solderless solution.  didn't get any feedback from them!

Rohaq

• Archived User
Xbit Poll
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »

Weird, I emailed them in advance with some suggestions, and they emailed me back, but none of them seemed to be taken into account.