xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Xbit Install First Time Every Time  (Read 634 times)

LargePig

• Archived User
Xbit Install First Time Every Time
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »

Glad to hear i'm helping!!

By the way people. I say carefully scrape d0, this is because apparently, if you're not careful, you can lift the track from the board, at that point, dead xbox. Thought it was worth mentioning!!! That's not to say don't scrape d0, cause you need to in most cases, just be careful and don't be to rough.

Having a steady hand is the key to getting this done right smile.gif

nalo

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2003, 04:24:00 PM »

In response to what was said a few blocks up, A lifted trace is not neccessarily dead xbox.
I lifted a trace and repaired it easily with conductive paint.
Got it at schucks auto supply.
It's for repairing rear window defroster lines.

Spice Guy

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2003, 11:25:00 PM »

Hi All,

Just thought i would let the group know, that another XBIT has been installed and works first time on a v11 XBOX.

My mate, had just got hold of an XBOX, we waited for the XBIT to arrive that he ordered from www.divineo.co.uk (with no problems i might add) and ahead we went.

I must say that i did have a bit of a problem with the d0 point, had the chip seated perfectly, and solid, even had the d0 point well and truly locked in, but i could tell it wasnt connecting as the XBIT wasnt hijacking the BIOS, but i followed the tuts and got a pin out and scraped around the rim of the d0 point to get rid of some of the plastic coating and after a couple of attempts at the scraping the new BIOS loaded.

My mate is well chuffed, he just has to wait a bit as he is skint and cant afford a new hard drive.

Yours

Spice Guy

LargePig

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2003, 05:46:00 AM »

Bump

clarke1866

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2003, 09:21:00 AM »

An extra note:
I used 100% Ethanol instead of lighter fluid, worked fine. Methanol is probably good too.
I chose 100% ethanol because I can access it at work, and it leaves NO RESIDE unlike more complex organic solvents, while giving excellent cleaning power.

I used ethanol as well and did not need to scrape the D0, just gave it a good once over with a cotton ball.  I suggest this route.

dook43

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2003, 03:28:00 AM »

Nothing worked for me until I decided to use solder.  I flipped the mobo over and soldered the d0 wire to its point on the bottom of the board, then everything worked like a charm.

dannymak

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »

I own a v1.4 xbox, retailed HDD

Installed my xbit using pogo , and im sure the D0 is aligned.
Flashed X24979 512K on BIOS Option 4 - Bios1

When i switch off the chip, the xbox loads properly, but after i enabled the chip, the green led from the xbit external board ON, and the xbox boots twice then red and green are flashing...

Anyone can help me?
thanks sad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]