xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shitting X-bit Problem  (Read 179 times)

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« on: November 05, 2003, 02:35:00 PM »

Fitted an xbit yesterday,5 hours of fiddling no less, got it installed, used it for a while. All of a sudden if i set stealh mode i get the "Help i have no brain" reboot beeps and flashing light shit.

So, i take it out, boot fine... odd.

Put it back in, aligned first time this time.... I'm getting the hang of this.

Works right again, so i leave it for the night, fine next day, until 11:27pm. Same shit.

I need to be able to switch this bastard off for live. What's the problem, if it wasn't aligned, the bios wouldn't load right when it's on, but it does. No problem, so why can't i turn the fuker off?????? I havn't moved the xbox ALL DAY, it's been fine ALL DAY. Now this shit..... again.   ANGRY

The word speaks lowder then the emoticon in this case.

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 11:01:00 PM »

Did you have the same problem?
I don't own a soldering iron, and also wanted to not solder anything anyway, so i'd have to be pretty bloody sure it was going to work!!

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 05:13:00 AM »

Going to clean the contact points on the xbox mobo, if that does not work, i'm going to give up. I don't want to solder anything myself, i just don't have the expertise or the equipment.

photoman

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 06:38:00 AM »

not to seem like a stupid question, but if you have an upgraded HD, is it locked?

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 06:59:00 AM »

No new hd, and have checked disk is locked regardless cause i thought it might be it, it is locked.

My xbox boot's FINE if i remove the chip. But not with the chip in place but switched off. If i switch it on, it's fine and boots evox.

[[CWB]]-Master-

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 07:37:00 AM »

Same damn problem. I disable it, and Lock the HD, and enable the original bios. But when i go to boot it up, the damn thing frags. Other than that, thats my only problem.

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 07:46:00 AM »

I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is you're soldered or pogo?

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »

I also have the no holes ver, i am gonna clean the points on both xbit and mobo with lighter fluid and a cotton bud (q tip in America i believe). Supposed to be very good at cleaning pcb's

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

Right, it's up and running again, lets see how long it lasts

[[CWB]]-Master-

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

I did Pogo Pin INstall. But uc, the thing is, i wouldnt be able to boot up into evox if i did an incorrect install of the D0 Pins. Fillping the switch is the problem, it should just run regular bios, and yet its not

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »

I know, same here, i was pissed off and confused, but tonight i cleaned the points on the mother board with lighter fluid and a cotton bud (q-tip smile.gif ) and the pogo pins in the same way, scraped the d0 point a little to clear sny crap off the top, re mounted, and fingers crossed, it seems to be ok, at the moment!!!

It's not misalignment, i suspect it's a bad connection, and too little current is going through the xbox bios or something. Anyway, will keep u updated.

md2020

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »

Don't know if this'll help you, but I had to deal with a similar problem yesterday.  Basically after flashing a few more bioses into the chip it stopped working, with the same symptoms that you described.  My theory was that when moving the xbox around and inserting the USB cable i must've yanked the connecting wire a bit, and that shifted the chip inside.  Theory turned out to be correct after I opened the box.  

So, perhaps when you reach for the switches, or flip them, you're yanking the wire, or doing something else that might affect how the chip is sitting.

PS.  I once had a PC that would only work when it was horizontal.  Puzzled me for a bit, until I discovered that the CPU fan would only spin when the box was horizontal due to cheap bearings.  What's the point you may ask -- well, the point is that even seemingly irrelevant physical interaction with a system can have puzzling effects.

Spice Guy

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 11:29:00 PM »

I have the same problem, but cant be bothered to fix it just yet, however, i also read on another forum that if you flash an original bios onto your XBIT chip, you will still be able to play live with the chip switched on, apparently live only checks that the bios has not been tampered with, and not that your xbox is chipped.

Also, if you want to play copied games online, you should look into tunneling software, like X-Link or XBConnect, ive been playing MotoGP 2 online like this and it is fantastic, at the moment there is 30 games that you can use like this.

LargePig

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 12:49:00 AM »

md2020:
I thought that too, so last time i left the box on and open with the hd and dvd out of the way and gave the wires a bit of a tug, chip didn't budge an inch, so i don't think that did it for me. I bolt mine in pretty hard, and hollowed out the d0 and the pin is in there pretty snug!!

Spice Guy:
I asked the guy i bought the chip from if you could do that, cause i thought you could with the orig bios. He didn't think so however.
But, do you know where i can get an original bios?

Spice Guy

• Archived User
Shitting X-bit Problem
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

Yeah, you can get them from XBins.org, or you can email me proper, [email protected], and i will talk to you about it there.

Pages: [1] 2