xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbit Formatting Problems  (Read 125 times)

h22crXsol

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« on: October 22, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »

I mean they all have USB 1.1

The HP has an Intel 845 chipset and the I/O controller Hub is and Intel 82801BA...

Can ANYBODY help me? unsure.gif

Ripklawe

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 05:01:00 AM »

Hmm, this is a weird one. As far as I know no one has had that problem. Lets do a quick checklist:

You have the wires in the right place.

You are on winows 98 or 2000. If you are on XP, right click on xbit.exe and set the compatability mode to windows 2000

Set option 6, there is no need for you to select 5.

That is about it. The only thing I think it could be would the compatability mode problem. Let me know if that fixes it.

Regards,

Ripklawe

h22crXsol

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 05:16:00 AM »

Yep,

Wires in the right place.
Running Win2kPro.
Only chose option 5 because the x2_4974_Multiver_256.bin file is actually 1MB in size.

This is weird because the only problems I've seen people have are with running Windows XP and having an NEC chipset.
I'm on 2kPro with an Intel chipset!!! mad.gif

This was supposed to have LESS compatiblity problems!!

H22CRXSOL

Ripklawe

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »

there is always the possibility that you have either a bad x-bit or a bad usb cable.

Hmm, I checked your original post again and I am worried about the error it is giving you. It says "Bus Busy". Check your IRQ's and make sure that your IRQ assigned for your USB is not being shared by something else. like your video or sound card.

Stranger things have happened.

Regards,

Ripklawe

h22crXsol

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »

Ripklawe,
I was thinking the same thing. Went to Device Manager and it says the device is working properly.  There isnt a resource tab for me to change IRQ settings. I'm going to try again on another friend's Toshiba Laptop with XP. He also has a similar cable for his Sony Digital Camera.  I really hope this thing isnt shite!!

H22CRXSOL

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

since it's happening on all 4 computers, i'm sure it's not an irq or similar problem.  there has to be something the same with all 4 - in this case, here's my $2 diagnosis:  the cable!!!!!  yup, check and make sure the usb cable is okay.  don't know if you can buy a usb to mini usb cable (never checked) but if you can, from best buy, or any other store with a GREAT return policy, you can check that at least.
also, sounds stupid, but make sure your wires are inserted properly and snugly.  i know you said yellow to yellow and black to black - that's the biggest mistake i've seen others make (not doing that, actually).  i had a hard time getting my connectors in - took far more force than i expected, and i didn't want to break anything.  maybe you have the connectors upside down?  or not seated well?
otherwise, you may have a bum unit.

adamscybot

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »

IRQ's are changed in the BIOS settings wink.gif

It depends on what pc how you access your bios setting but it is always a button that you have to press on the bootup of your pc.

Normally it is the delete button (like mine) but it can sometimes be different.

Then when your in its in there somewhere.

But DONT mess up!

Ksw1

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

"Started XBIT and click Connect. Showed Connected.
Clicked on Format. Asked me "are you sure", clicked Yes.
Asked choose a format.
Clicked on 5.
"Error : Bus Busy. Try Again Later""

Just Curious...........

Did you format a "bank  (1 through 6)" on one of the 6 DMS selections BEFORE you tried to copy a bios to one of the "slots" available in the bank you formatted?

Suggestion: The mini end of the USB cable has to be inserted "all the way" into the external Xbit board in order to properly function. (I found this out after my initial install - It is possible to illuminate the LED on external Xbit card WITHOUT USB mini connector pushed all the way in) - Hope this helps.............

ephebe

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

Didn't see you mention it,  but did you snap off the write protect tab on the main chip board?

Andy

chefelf

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »

I tried it on four computers before I got mine working.  It was a pain but all I can suggest is keeping at it on as many computers as you can (I think the older the better).  Hopefully it works out for you.

mathias

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »

yea you got to break off that lil tab on the main board... now have you installed it in the xbox and tried flashing it? also when you hit connect does it connect? and do you see any lights on the chip?

dirtybird80

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 06:16:00 AM »

i havent been following the post but does this problem stem from the xbit software not working on nvidia chipsets???

mathias

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »

well if you have done everything you can think of the chip might be bad? try to contact them and get a exchange..

h22crXsol

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »

JohnyBlaze, thanks for the input. I left the XBIT connected to the computer for a while and the board doesnt get hot anywhere, even where you mentioned.  How did you get in contact with DMS??

JohnyBlaze

• Archived User
Xbit Formatting Problems
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 10:35:00 AM »

I went to the DMS3 website and just searched for a contact and told them.  They said it was defective and I should return it to me reseller.  So I did that, got a new one and everything has been perfect since I got this one.  Just return it for replacement.
Pages: [1] 2