xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Xbit Flashing Red And Green  (Read 130 times)

sircoarz

• Archived User
Need Help Xbit Flashing Red And Green
« on: October 19, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »

Ok now i have flashed my xbit around 2 times with X2 Bios and another one i cant remmeber the name of it!

however, when i set the dip switch on dip 4 the xbox would boot normally , i thought the bios worked however it didnt!

when i would set it to dip 4 off it would not load the Xbox at all it would just flash the Red and Green.

is there any reason why

I installed everything with soldering skills because i have soldered plenty PS2 consoles so i know my soldering is good!

however, i had an accident i pulled the xbit chip with the wire installtion wire on the D0 , now i have a v 1.3 or 1.4 im not really sure however, it looks like the wire that leads to the d0 got pulled off causing the xbox not to turn on.

is there anyway i can retrace the wire just by replacing the a wire of 26 awg ????

please help thank you

i just hope there is a picture , i will try to post a pic to show what i am talking about , if i find a way to replace the wire i will let u guys know

thankx to anyone who responds!

Arakon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »

you can bridge the trace as long as it didn't get ripped off all the way to the mcpx (square chip). however, you'll need a very calm hand and very small soldering iron tip for it.. there's only so many chances to scratch and attach to the trace before it comes off more. so if you are unsure, send it to someone who can repair it for you.

sircoarz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »

well the trace didnt come off all the way but however the wire snapped so its really hard to solder to it!

where does that point lead to so i can solder it on another point ???

i see the trace leads to some other point but its so small to tell , is there any pic i can see where its at ?