xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Light Is On...but  (Read 175 times)

Ripklawe

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« on: October 17, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »

How do you know it is booting to the old bios? Have you altered the new bios in a way that will make them different from the bios that comes with the x-box?

Ripklawe

cadre

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ripklawe @ Oct 17 2003, 05:36 PM)
How do you know it is booting to the old bios? Have you altered the new bios in a way that will make them different from the bios that comes with the x-box?

Ripklawe

Maybe I should say when I power up the Xbox No matter what bios I select I get the big X with MS under it.  From what I have read in here when you use the 4977 or 4978 bios on your mod chip you should see something else under the big x when it boots.  Is that information wrong?

Ripklawe

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 08:40:00 AM »

Not sure but I always change the color of my bios so there is no doubt. Seems like everything is right. Make sure you have D0 aligned correctly and that the bios are set to the right bank on your modchip.

Good Luck,

Ripklawe

P.S.

Where did you see the D0 scrapping for n00bs guide??

cadre

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

Not sure if I can find it again...hehe.  It's in here somewhere maing.  If I find it I will pm ya.

Ripklawe

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 08:48:00 AM »

thx

skid

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

Waiting for "the D0 scrapping for n00bs guide"... I really need this guide!
because my xbit dont work  sad.gif

greets!

cadre

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »

No guide per say but parts of info here and there.  There was one really good post and a site with pics I found in here.  Anyway I have not been able to re-locate them so here is what I do have.

"D0 - so much smaller than you see blown on up the site. I used a pin to GENTLY scrape around the contact point - not sure if i did anything, some posts indicate a white flaky coating may come off - i may not have had that coating."

Now as to how you find the d0 it depends on your version.  If you are sure that your version is 1-1.3 then what I was told to do is simply put the xbox in place and shine a flashlight in where the chip pogo pins connect.  Not the ones that are in a row but the two that are on the side by themselves.  From what I can tell only one of these pogos has a home.  Since my xbox is version 1.1 it was the inside pogo yours may be different.  When you find where the d0 is then remove the chip and with a pin gently scrape on the intended connection area.

I will try to find the site I used with pictures.  The information I have provided here was learned from some of the people on this forum and tried by myself now.  I have not mentioned names so that they won't get flooded with requests.

Edit: I found the pictures I used to locate the d0 for my version 1.1.  They only show 1.0/1.1 and 1.2 as examples.  Scroll down on the page and look for d0 compare.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/versions.php

pieces

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 01:01:00 PM »

I dont know if this will help but it worked for me.
I had no problem installing the xbit in my 1.0 but when I tried my 1.1 I couldnt get it right. First I colored my bios, then scraped the d0 still nothing. So I took the drives out of their trays and hooked them up laying behind the xbox. Then I put the chip in again heard the d0 click so I new that was lined up and then I just loosened the screw a little then retightened just so it would shift a little at a time. Each time checking the bios color finally after about the fifth time it lined up. So its not only the d0 that you have to worry about just keep trying.

MUTHATRUKA

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »

If the light is on,on the USb board does that mean the chip is installed properly?Because I am getting a light but many different bios and flash combos and have had no luck. sad.gif

rahula

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »

you need to set proper switch to boot from the selected banks. Only switch 1 to 3 is used. switch 4 is for disable/enable.

onge

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (EThitop @ Oct 20 2003, 05:30 AM)
Well...  If you did not solder for the eject fix solution, and you are using the dip switch... MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT USE THE "eject fix" bios!!!

Maybe you could specify why?  huh.gif

You make it seem so dangerous.. why?

moistness

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 01:03:00 AM »

the extra wire is soldered onto the power button, it has nothin whatsoever to do with eject, so ejectfix bioses are totally irrelevant! dry.gif

Ripklawe

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 06:58:00 AM »

Beat me too it, the guy didn't know wtf he was talking about. Use the EF bios all you want.

Regards,

Ripklawe

moistness

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

smile.gif

cadre

• Archived User
Xbit Light Is On...but
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (moistness @ Oct 20 2003, 12:29 PM)
are ya sure about the maxtor? i hear so many differing stories about what is lockable and what is not! i have an 80gig maxtor in mine and it is locked, so i would suggest trying it before shelling out on another one ! smile.gif

Yea maing I hear ya.  Well the config magic final says it is not loakable and that seems to be the shiat as far as locking drives from what I have seen.  So I need more than a measly 100gb anyway.. wink.gif  250 here I come.