xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox + Xbit + Evox + Cdrw  (Read 126 times)

dtechlogic

• Archived User
Xbox + Xbit + Evox + Cdrw
« on: October 16, 2003, 07:18:00 PM »

One thing that you did not specify, did you turn it into iso with Xiso. or other iso.  I recommend you to use nero it will do the job for you i use it when i burn my Xiso  and it did work perfectly with my xbox and my friend xbox. You might have to do the Xiso again and as they said try rebooting the xbox as many time as possible.

Spice Guy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 11:12:00 PM »

To be honest you havent really given enough information.  For starters, you said you have installed the XBIT correctly and it is booting to the MS Dashboard, is it using the Original BIOS, or have you flashed hacked BIOS to the XBIT as it doesnt come with any pre-flashed.

If you havent flashed any hacked BIOS, it doesnt matter how many times you burn an EVOX cdrw as it isnt going to boot, due to the code.

If you have flashed hacked BIOS, which one/ones are you using, you should either use an Executer BIOS, or a colour changed EVOX M7 BIOS (using XBTool, to change the XBOX Logo & TEXT Colour) prior to flashing to XBIT.  Either of these will then show you that you have a Hacked BIOS loaded.  Executer 2 by the fact that the word MS is changed to Executer 2 under the XBOX logo, and the Evox M7 one, because the Colours are different.

You really need to make sure you have a hacked BIOS running before you can go any further.

Yours

Spice Guy

Ph34rMe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

1.  Made a ISO with XISO and I used Nero to burn the ISO CDRW.

2.  Instated the Xbit

3.  Flashed my Xbit with the Xbit PC-Flash software using M7 as the BIOS.

3.  Cut the Xbox on and got the flashing red and green power LED.    mad.gif  mad.gif

4.  Removed the mod-chip.  Then cut the Xbox back on without the Xbit just to make sure I didn't mess up my Xbox. It booted the MS dashboard.   biggrin.gif

5.  Re-instaled the Xbit and this time I didn't get the flashing red and green power LED. However, the Xbox booted the original MS dashboard.   mad.gif  mad.gif

6. Next I cut the Xbox off and then back on again with the Evox ISO CDRW (Sony) in the Xbox.  I got the pop-up error telling me that the Xbox couldn't read the disc.  So I burned another ISO CDRW (TDK) and got the same error.   mad.gif   mad.gif

Ripklawe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 07:10:00 AM »

Try using the X2 4978.03 bios. That way you can see if you can ftp to the box. If you can, the modchip is working and you can set up evox that way.

Regards,

Ripklawe

spindiz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 09:27:00 AM »

I had the same issue where it kept booting the original bios. I cleaned the DO hole and re-adjusted the XBIT mod chip on the motherboard and reflashed the mod. Then, it worked.

pieces

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

It still seems like you do not have your chip lined up yet. If you havnt changed the color of the xbox logo then it would look the same as the xbox bios. I had this problem with my v1.1 and I wasnt lined up. use xbtool to change the color of your bios. Once I saw the blue X my disc problem went away. Make sure your chip is lined up.

MUTHATRUKA

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »

Similar problem here..So if the light on the external usb board comes on it doesn't mean the chip is lined up correctly?I have tried to line it up many times with different flash combos.But still no luck...I tried different dvd-rw and dvd-r media,also tried to burn slayers auto install 2.1 on a fujifilm cd-r will not boot..Idon't mean to jack this thread but my problem is similar.thanks sad.gif  sad.gif

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 03:07:00 AM »

Why do you people punish yourselves with pogo pins?

SNICK!

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ranger72 @ Oct 19 2003, 12:07 PM)
Why do you people punish yourselves with pogo pins?

i agree

you gotta solder solder solder

Ripklawe

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 03:31:00 AM »

No, you can install Evox via FTP also. It just requires that you do all the work that an install disc like SlAyers does yourself. It is not as hard as it seems. Read the Evox tutorial on this site and you will understand what I mean. It is REALLY simple if you have some computer experience. In fact, I will probably put evox on my box this way as it is possible to mess up a bios install via disc, although that won't matter with an x-bit, I can always just reflash it.

I hope this help and let me know if you have any probs.

Regards,

Ripklawe

Ph34rMe

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 04:53:00 AM »

I tried to change the color of the Xbox logo.

1. Open XBoxtool.exe
2. From File Operations > Open > select X2 4978.03 bios
3. Choose color scheme
4. Save as > X2 4978.03 bios

Ripklawe, you confused me.  I read many Evox tutorials and other than using a CD I don't see how I can install EvoX.  What am I supposed to be looking for if I use the X2 4978.03 BIOS?

Let me ask another question to.  The reason why you get the flashing red and green LED is because the Xbox doesn't recognize the BIOS, right?

Ph34rMe

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

Ok I got you now it makes sense (Without Evox CD).  

"LPC holes as they were filled with solder but all jacked up."  We might be on to something here.  Hmm...  I wonder if that has anything to do with my problem because my LPC holes are fill with solder too, but they aren't in the tutorial diagrams.

Ripklawe

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 06:53:00 AM »

pop.gif

Ripklawe