xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Power Led Flashing Red And Green  (Read 288 times)

Ph34rMe

• Archived User
Power Led Flashing Red And Green
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »

"The X-B.I.T LED is "on" (glowing) when the XBox bootet from a patched (non-original) Bios"

That's interesting because I used the X2 BIOS and used XBTool to change the Xbox logo color.  And guess what, the Xbit light comes on and the Xbox logo is still green.

In fact it's on when I get the flashing red and green LED as well.  

sircoarz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

sad.gif

Ph34rMe

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

Who's speculating, us or them?!?!?!

Ripperfang

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

biggrin.gif )
acctually the green led means cheat... it indicates the pogo pins are ok. but the d0 can be out of position. so get xtool modify ur bios (diferent colours and u can even modify the collour of the led, made mine go red) and put it on bank 5 position 6 (for expl.) and try it. if it does not boot correctly u got ur d0 disaligned. else it should be working as a breese.

take a look at some topic saying "preparing d0" it should solve things out. best of luck ^__^x

ps- it works on any version of Xbox.

RACKET

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »

huh.gif  Fitted one of these now they don't come with any on the chip bios so once I broke the seal fitted the chip, Same result Red-Green flash on the Eject button. I then followed instructions on the DMSX-Bit site and set the Dip switches so that I had 6 partitions on my 2mb chip, formattted it as per the DMS site then loaded Evox M7 Bios with and without Eject and it worked fine no problems at all.
hope this helps some of you out with this problem, I know its not described by DMS but it only took me about half an hour to work out, probably would have been sooner as I had simply never fitted a Mod Chip of any sort into any games console in all of my life as I normally had someone do it for me.

sircoarz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

ok i finally got the XBIT installed WOOAHHHH!!!

ok this is what i did i installed it with the xbox pogo PINs instead of installing it and then trying it out

i hooked up the xbit into the xbox by hand and held it tight so i can make sure its on the d0 and i turned it on!

however , i use xtool to change the bios COLOR ALL RED so i can know for sure its installed

ok this is the outcome

i used

m7 evox bios this way i know it will work since it works on all versions of the xbox

ok the DIP settings on the USB i used was 3 was ON and everything else was off

at all times flashing and having in the xbox everything works great couldnt be more happy!

however, i flashed it without having it installed to the xbox which is great

well i used slayer 2.1 with  a imation RW and intalled all the apps that are on there

so everything is great need help let me know

MUTHATRUKA

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »

beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

sircoarz

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

smile.gif

right now im using CDr and CDrw

so far i have to test with DVD r+ i really hope it works!

glared1

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

mad.gif  mine is still not working...heh.

i am wanting to rip my hair out!! i tried just about everything everyone has suggested. i did a wire install of the xbit and i used the d0 solder point on the backside of the motherboard. i then used the frontside d0 to check the continuity of the solder job on the back with a multimeter and it was fine. i thought there may be a problem with one of the other solder points because i read somewhere about scraping the coating off the surfaces before soldering, so i used a solder-sucker to remove some of the solder around the points and then i scraped a little around the points and resoldered them...i checked the continuity of all the points i could (some of them you can't check) and they check out ok....i've reloaded bioses many a many times....and reformatted the xbit to different bios config a many amany times.....i'm about to break this xbox with my anger. heh. jk. well...................    sad.gif

gernblanston

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

MUTHATRUKA

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2003, 08:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (gernblanston @ Oct 23 2003, 02:53 PM)
I had the flashing power button problem when I installed the X-Bit on my XBox last night.  Turns out I had it installed fine, but I misread the Bios selection switches and it was trying to boot off an empty bios slot.  DUH!!  After setting it to the proper bios selection, it booted fine!

beerchug.gif

I did the exact same thing..Misread..Works great mow  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

glared1

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »

blink.gif

how should i select the bios?? what is the correct way?? i am pretty sure i have it installed correctly . i had my xbit soldered into my xbox, and i was so spent on ideas on why this was not working i pulled the chip out, and swapped xbox's with my friend who doesn't really care about modding, so i could use the pogo pin or header install....i am in the process of that right now....i'll keep everyone posted....

sircoarz

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

if im not mistaken it is DIP 3 ON everything OFF!

double check if connections are on!

Ned Flanders

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »

Hello,

I just insert my first X-B.I.T. chip in a version 1.0, and i have also some problems.
When i power my Xbox it shuts down, it restarts, it beeps (one time), after that the Power Led is Flashing Red and Green.

So i thought it had something to do with the bios or something...
But this is my first X-B.I.T. chip so i had no idea. (With al the X-Ecuters
i never had any nproblems)
But my supplier is very slow and bad with communication. So i can use some help.

I have desoldered the chip, so i can use it normal.
But even that doesn't work anymore.

The problems remains always now!

When i power my Xbox it shuts down, it restarts, it beeps (one time), after that the Power Led is Flashing Red and Green.

With or Without modchip...

Can somebody help me?

Regards,

Ned

Ph34rMe

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2003, 05:34:00 AM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 [2]