xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pogo Install - Stealth Mode Problems.  (Read 132 times)

platinumzippo

• Archived User
Pogo Install - Stealth Mode Problems.
« on: October 10, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

Hey I have the older xbits and not having a prob with the stealth mode but I got the new verison 1.5 chips and when i flip the stealth mode switch my xbox has "christmas lights" and when i turn it off my xbox boots up the lastest modded bios. hmmmmmmm

mm7627

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

I'm having this same exact same problem.  Anyone have a workaround/solution so I don't have to solder it?

kenmood

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

Have you checked that other sharp d0 pogo pin? If it punches to some trace (other than d0), your Xbox may frag.

kenmood

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

Let's assume that the other d0 pin punches to some other trace. It probably does not matter while the mod chip is enabled as Xbox can read the bios from the mod chip. While you disable the chip the other trace is still short circuited to d0 -> Xbox cannot read bios from the onboard flash -> Xbox tries to read bios from the mod chip -> the mod chip is disabled and bios cannot be read -> Xbox frags. If you remove the mod chip, the short circuit is removed and Xbox boots normally.

mm7627

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

Kenmood --

Would reseeding the chip a few times maybe fix it?

kenmood

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

now if my chip is on everything works. now if the chip is off via stealth mode my xbox's frag. now I can see that the 2nd pin is making a error but i have my chips soldered.

Xbox frags for the same reason. You have somehow (sligtly or badly) damaged the motherboard, so that Xbox is not able to boot the original bios. Maybe there is a solder splash, broken trace or you have dameged the d0 via. While your mod chip is on, Xbox is able to recover from the situation as it can boot the mod bios via LPC bus.

Would reseeding the chip a few times maybe fix it?

No, you have to isolate the needless pogo pin. A tiny peace of strong paper or adhesive tape between the pin and the motherboard is enough.

kenmood

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

You know those two d0 pogo pins on the small "wing"? Check which one sits on the d0 via and isolate the other one.

mm7627

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

Well, this might sound odd..  But I tried one more time switching it to stealth mode, and VIOLA!  It worked. So eh..  Hopefully, it doesn't revert back to not working, but we will see

kenmood

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »

And if you plug the adapter to Xbit, Xbox frags while the chip is disabled? If that is the case, I don't know what the problem could be.

axle619

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

I have the same problem as Battle Tank had, although I believe he gave up on POGO and did wire install (adding new complications).  I have read all the tuts and kept up on most of the threads, but I do not see my problem answered...so here goes:

Situation:  XBIT installed using POGO.  When turned on, XBIT LED lights up.

When XBIT is NOT in stealth mode (dip switch), the xbox boots up the M7 (modified red) bios and loads evox correctly.  Everything is perfect.

When XBIT IS in stealth mode (dip switch), the xbox frags (christmas lights-3 attempts and then red/green flashing).

FURTHER...if I remove the XBIT completely (or just move out of alignment), the xbox will boot up and load the retail bios and M$dash.

I have tried for hours (over days) to realign the POGO hoping there is a spot where stealth will work correctly....to no avail.  If the xbit is aligned to allow xbox to boot a modded BIOS, then stealth just doesn't seem to work.

Questions:

1) is this a d0 thing?  I was under the impression a d0 problem wouldn't allow the modded BIOS to boot, not other way around.  Also, I haven't seen any good pictures of a scraped (prepared) d0.  I have used a pin and sorta scraped the d0 and it looks darker than the other circles, but this is my first tie and I saw nothing "flake" off.

2) I hear people talk about flashing one of the xbit banks with a retail BIOS as a fix.  Does that really work?  I mean and allow you to use XB Live?  (the whole point of using retail BIOS I imagine)

3) anyone else have some words of wisdom?

I really don't wanna sodder this thing in if I don't have to.  I have the equipment, just not the experience.  Also, Battle Tank (the other guy that had my problem) doesn't seem to be getting better results having done a wire install.

Would appreciate help:)

axle619

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

Bump

Still having problems with this install and doesn't make sense to me.  Any help would be appreciated.