xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbit Feedback  (Read 178 times)

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« on: October 15, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

How many of you have had successful installations and have ftp working along with the dashboard, and are all ready to install whatever progs you want on the XBOX?

The reason i ask is because it seems like a lot of people are having a VERY difficult time isntalling this chip and flashing it.

moistness

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 09:03:00 AM »

installed no probs first time, had problems with my home pc with the usb nforce2 prob (used my antique pc at work to flash it) but sorted that with a cheap pci usb card! biggrin.gif

most installation probs seem to be those damn pogo's mad.gif

as i say to everyone, you cant beat solder! wink.gif

SNICK!

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 09:16:00 AM »

yep ya cant beat solder

whoever likes pogos anyway most people solder their mods in

moistness

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (SNICK! @ Oct 15 2003, 06:16 PM)
yep ya cant beat solder

whoever likes pogos anyway most people solder their mods in

well i hope so but you wouldnt guess with all the damn n00b pogo related fuckups! laugh.gif

Ksw1

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

1. I was able to Flash the Xbit on my 1st attempt using Winme  Asus A7V-333 PC (I Chose Bank 6, and installed 4 256 bios files - M7, and X2 Flavors - X2 4977 is current default!

2. I installed the Xbit via Pogo Pins - I did not install the diode for Power Button "stealth" Mode.

3. I replaced the Retail HD with a WD 40 Gig Model at the same time I installed Xbit.

4. I reassembled Xbox without even testing Xbit.

5. I booted from Slayers 2.1 CD-RW disk on 1st Power up and followed Slayers installation instructions.

6. I have since traveled over 350 miles with Xbox in my car, and done most everything I could to try and "un-seat" the Xbit short of opening the Xbox and removing the Xbit itself and had NO PROBLEMS!

7. It took me longer to route the cabling for the external usb connector for the Xbit in order to ensure that the case did not crimp or damage yellow and black wires then flashing or installing the Xbit!

8. My First Xbox Mod - I'm a 40 year old nOOb!

My Xbox is ver. 1.1, with the Samsung DVD Drive
My Xbit was purchased from Divino

My overall experience has been excellent, and I would reccommend the Xbit and the Slayers 2.1 Installation software to anyone that is considering installation of a mod chip.

XBOXerPT

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »

the pogo pins on X-BIT seems excelent, i did the wire instalation , but did think in test the pogos, but had to prepar the board for that becouse I had a X-ecuter 1.0 with wire install... so i skip that idea and I solder it, and it works very very well, no probs at all (the wire install)... only some locks with the flash prog under XP pro on a ASUS P4P800 but if you put the prog in win2000 comp. mode it works like it should.

PS if you prepare a D0 and make shure that you aligned the chip well it sould work with no probs, these pogos have springs to adapt to te matherboard of the xbox and are of an extremely high quality, but if if you know how to solder, you know that the wire instalation is for you (or the pin header instal smile.gif), if you cant even use the pogos and mess up your X, let the job for someone that can do IT, and by the way solder the D0 is fucking easy, and the X-bit gives you the wires pre-tinted, want more? every one buy a solder pen (15w) and a SB16 audio card, and learn to solder, do it on the board, when you are confident that you can do it, open the XBOX and DO IT like it should wink.gif, I'm not a noob at solder, but I learned to solder by my self, experience is the key, try it in something that you can "burn" wink.gif and learn with that, don't go wasting some xbox mb's biggrin.gif...

.... but if you* did all that and don´t know how to solder, keep using pogo pins, these one look very well made, the d0 one is spiked... all for you smile.gif

*(you = all people that don´t know how to solder)

beerchug.gif from PORTUGAL

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

thanks for your well-descripted responses everyone..

that hope that turned to doubt is now hope again smile.gif cheers

moistness your avatar makes me want to get some bubblicious

XBOXerPT

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2003, 11:42:00 AM »

yep you are right, the dip switches are to small... but I think that I gona solder a old one that I have in here from a old PC motherboard, it´s like the ones used on a X-ecuter 2, bigger wink.gif

XBOXerPT

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 11:51:00 AM »

HiRoll3r and your mb is messed up, or is only the original bios that is f*****? if so the modchip resolves your problem if it could be instaled (if the mb its ok, only the bios is "burned")check for burn on the traces... and if you cant repar it send me a pm maybe you could sell some parts sad.gif if it your last resort... well good luke trying to fix your X wink.gif

Slikmastah

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2003, 04:52:00 PM »

do you need a cd rw to boot if you've flashed the Xbit?

JRSiebz

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

Not, but it will boot to the default MS dashboard if you dont have another one already installed.

Spice Guy

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »

Ive installed my XBIT on a v1.0 with a thomson drive, had a few problems getting the XBIT alligned correctly with pogo pins, but all is fine now, got a 120 GB seagate drive in LOCKED.  The only problem i got is i cant boot from stealth mode, but im gonna flash an original bios onto the chip to solve the booting to original bios problem.

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »

XBox v1.0
XBit MOD
120 GB Seagate HDD
EvolutionX v3921
EvolutionX M7 Bios (RED LOGO)

possibly the same specs i got
my hdd is sitting right here just waiting on the chip. getting evox just dunno what build

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2003, 06:06:00 AM »

my install went perfectly - pogo install.  just be sure to scrape D0 carefully to make sure there's no clear coating on it - that seems to be the biggest problem.

FunkmaztafoX

• Archived User
Xbit Feedback
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (gadgetaddict @ Oct 16 2003, 10:06 AM)
my install went perfectly - pogo install.  just be sure to scrape D0 carefully to make sure there's no clear coating on it - that seems to be the biggest problem.

what you mean? (i'm a modding newbie)
Pages: [1] 2