xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Xbit Stealth/power Without Main Board Soldering  (Read 576 times)

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Stealth/power Without Main Board Soldering
« on: December 30, 2003, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (Workshed @ Dec 28 2003, 04:42 PM)
don't suppose you could send me the pictures or post them back up again could you gadgetaddict?

i'll try later today if i can find them - if not, basically, go to the chameleon forum, and read the warning about the P and E soldering - and then look at the photos of how they poke into the power connector - then, solder your diode to the xbit per the instructions, and then solder that wire to the other end of the diode (make sure the diode faces the right way.  finally, run that wire to the power connector, strip a tiny bit of it, and stick it in the power connector, using tape (electrical) to keep it in place.
or, you can go to radio shack or similar, and buy a wire splice like what the chameleon now comes with - that way you tap directly into the power wire instead of the slightly less secure method of sticking it in.
after several months, i've still never had a problem - yippee! smile.gif

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

This really needs to be made a sticky in this forum.
BUMP!

SupremeHolyness

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

can this be done without soldering at all? using the solderless install?

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

You have to solder the diode to the xbit and the wire to the diode.  You do not have to solder to the xbox mobo.

thebigyin5555

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »

Hi All,

Done the power button install as per instruction in this post. All when without a hitch, but I can only turn the Xbox off with the power button by holding the button for about a second, when I hold the power button for about 3 seconds to turn it back on nothing happens and It boots to M$ BIOS and I get an error because my HDD is not locked.

Any, suggestion or it is just timing issues with my seconds (I have timed it with my watch)?
uhh.gif

HiRoll3r

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

Done the power button install as per instruction in this post. All when without a hitch, but I can only turn the Xbox off with the power button by holding the button for about a second, when I hold the power button for about 3 seconds to turn it back on nothing happens and It boots to M$ BIOS and I get an error because my HDD is not locked.

The switching on/off is done when you boot the Xbox. Tap power button < 1 sec: chip on. Hold power >3 seconds (I usually hold for at least 4): chip is off. So your stealth mode appears to be working fine.

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (thebigyin5555 @ Jan 19 2004, 02:37 AM)
Hi All,

Any, suggestion or it is just timing issues with my seconds (I have timed it with my watch)?
uhh.gif

Turn it off?  What are you talking about?? Just push the power button and let it go to turn it off.

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (HiRoll3r @ Jan 19 2004, 03:14 PM)

The switching on/off is done when you boot the Xbox. Tap power button < 1 sec: chip on. Hold power >3 seconds (I usually hold for at least 4): chip is off. So your stealth mode appears to be working fine.

He says he's holding power button in for 3 seconds to turn the xbox off.  Just push the power button and let it go to turn the xbox off.

When the xbox is OFF you would hold the power button in for three seconds to disable the chip and boot the M$ dash.  When the xbox is on you don't hold the power buton for three seconds to turn it off.  Just turn it off.

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

Here's the timing that works perfect every time for me.  When you press the power button you hear a click...

(XBOX is powered off)
To power up with the chip enabled: Press pwr button, click, count 1 and let go.
To power up with the chip disabled: Press pwr button, click, count 3 and let go.

To power off your xbox just press the power button and let it go.  Do not hold it in for 3 seconds to power off.

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »

smile.gif

thebigyin5555

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

Sorry for the confusions, what I meant was:

1 I can power the Xbox up with the chip enable by just tapping the power button.

2 I can disable the chip by switching off and then pressing and holding the power button for about a second.

3 I can’t then re-enable the chip by switching off and then pressing and holding the power button for about 3 seconds.

The only way to get the chip to work again is to use the dip switches?

chelrob

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

Okay, I see.  You don't re-enable the chip by switching off and holding the power button for three seconds.  

With the xbox off just tap the power button to enable the chip.  When you're done turn off the xbox.  Next time you power up either tap the power button to enable the chip or hold it in for three seconds to disable the chip.  That's all you ever have to do.  Either tap to enable or hold three seconds to disable.

thebigyin5555

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »

smile.gif

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »

unsure.gif   Thanks for any input/suggestions you may have.

BT

Blue Thunder

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

sad.gif  I just like to know if it could be the chip causing this, since I am getting an appropriate resopnse from the external light when I either push the button for 1 sec or 3 sec.  Thanks....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5