xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Secondary Impressions  (Read 69 times)

gadgetaddict

• Archived User
Xbit Secondary Impressions
« on: October 09, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

smile.gif
Anyway, it started writing, and counted down from roughly 260k to 1 showing the amount of memory left to be filled.  It took about 1 second per K, so roughly 4 minutes or so to write a 256k bank.  I chose to verify, and got a verify error.
I said, "Poo," with a capital P, and then wrote the same bios into bank 4, which verfied fine.  BTW, verify is much faster than writing - probably took about 1 minute or less for the 256k bank.  Anyway, I filled the rest of the banks with my permuations of the bioses, and then went back to bank 3, and reflashed it with the same bios, and this time it verified.  Maybe i had too many operations going on with the notebook, so I kept the screen on the xbit software and it wrote fine.
I'm going to bring home the other bioses and flash the 4977 in at least 1 bank.  I would have liked if there was a way to see what was in each bank, i.e. if the software kept track of what the bios name was for the bank, but that's okay - it's simple enopugh to reflash anyway.
So far my impressions (and hopes) are very high.  Just wanted to share...