xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Formating X-bit  (Read 314 times)

GhOsTmAn

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »

sad.gif  !!  The software update should hopefully come out soon and fix all my problems  wink.gif

Could someone please reply with as much info as they can as to how they went about flashing/formatting chip, with approximate times etc.

If this keeps going on, looks like my little XBIT will be the first to get smashed into a 1000 pieces!!  Not happy  mad.gif

Thanks.

MiqueFlesh

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2003, 03:10:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Up and running in about 20 mins, just plugged it in with the pogopins, and i have shaked the console.....and it still there, won't move a inch...YIIIHHAA!! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

And sorry about my poor english

GhOsTmAn

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »

That's an interesting point.  My computer has an nforce2 chipset as well.

MiqueFlesh

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2003, 12:34:00 AM »

Yes, i think the Nforce2 chipset is the prob. may have something to do with USB 2.
Are there any more people out there with Nforce2 frezzing?

Indirect

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2003, 02:26:00 AM »

Hi,

I think the problem might be with XP and not so much with the chipset. I tried to format/flash first on my XP machine with a SIS735 chipset and couldn't get it to work (problems connecting, format didn't work,...) even when I put it in W2K compatibility mode.
I then tried it on my W2K machine with a nforce2 chipset and it worked perfectly. The complete format took maybe 60 sec. (Sorry, i didn't time it) I then tried writing, erasing,.. to make sure everything worked fine and I didn't encounter any probs. So.. until DMS comes out with a updated software, I'll keep using my W2K machine to flash the chip.

The led went on when I connected the USB cable and stayed on, but it went out when I was flashing the chip... I read on the DMS site that this is the normal behaviour.

L8er

axl___

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2003, 03:23:00 AM »

blink.gif

Arakon

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2003, 05:56:00 AM »

appears to be an nforce2 prob, mine crashes too. with a via chipset, it flashes flawless.

BattleTank

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

Agreed - it is not a WinXP problem - my XP/XBit combo is programming just fine (using Intel Chipset).

Arakon

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

I got win2k and a nforce2 MB. asus a7n8x deluxe.

GhOsTmAn

• Archived User
Formating X-bit
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2003, 10:44:00 AM »

laugh.gif

I took less than a minute to format, a couple of minutes to flash and prob about 1min 30secs to verify.

The program didn't freeze once.  I just hope that the next version of the program is nforce2 chipset friendly cos my old computer is getting given to someone very soon.

Thanks for all your help, especially the bit pointing out that problems were had with his nforce2 motherboard as well.

Take care.

Pages: 1 [2]