xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X Bit Or X2.2 Lite  (Read 316 times)

cONEction

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (XanTium @ Aug 8 2003, 10:32 PM)
you compare 2 chips that can't be compared
X-BIT has more features but costs more then a X2.2 Lite ...

Look at what you need and you'll know which chip you need.

TSOP Flash  biggrin.gif

honestly, i almost tried every chip, and i prefer tsop flash, cause if you dont care about LIVE, why waste the money and buying a modchip ?
did almost 30 tsop flashes with 007 and raincoat and never had a bad flash or any issue  smile.gif

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »

Hi there All

(THIS IS MY OPINION & MY OPINION ALONE) ok im not here to flame or be flamed by ANYONE !!

The scene appears to be becoming frequented mainly by flamers and children, hell bent on destroying what is in the main a decent scene, many will attack me for this statement but you only need to look at "ubergeek" who although too much of a gent to admit it decided to "retire" from the scene for this very reason,  as it seems "he was pissed off and tired of the children and flamers!!

Now I personally feel that any chip that attempts to make life easy for the inexperienced is a good thing. (but note in NOT saying this chip is good, as we just dont know YET!) <------ and as we DONOT know yet how can anyone give an informed opinion about and as yet "UNKNOWN,UNTRIED & UNTESTED" piece of hardware............. From the spec sheet you might say, well thats like looking through a telescope and concluding that the moon is made of cheese..............

But we SHOULD give it a fair assesment and at the very least "refrain" from wild speculation, and remember that "familiar" is not always better, but maybe "familiar" is "the easy option" for some, and I suppose on the flipside of the coin may could say well "why" change a proven format.

Well why indeed, I agree, but time stands still for no-one and if we do not embrace new ideas and look to the future we will stagnate, You only need to look at the excellent work that "oz-paulb" has undertaken with his singled minded approach to breach the 137Gig HDD barrier that may said would NOT become a reality, and one even went as far to call his work a "pointless & "useless" exersize ( I bet the guy that posted that feels a proper prick now ).

If this new chip assists the inexperienced then good, if it enables them to flash their chip easily without the hassle of setting up boot discs,and parallel port setting and such like(come on guys we must admit that for some, these things can be a bloody minefield) then it is one better than some.

And if anyone tries to say that  "no one has problems flashing the currently available chips" with a evox style bios,  then their head must be firmly inserted where the sun dont shine,

Because as an Op in an IRC channel I get "at the very least" a dozen requests DAILY for assistance on how to flash their chip, So something IS occurring and IS problematic with the current system and practises required to allow the inexperienced to flash their chips. For many the current way of doing it is fine, but for many how shall we say "less technically minded" are having difficulty.

We could say that if you "cannot do it the current way" then you should not be modding your xbox. This too might be true but it is in our human nature and biological make-up to try to "do it ourself" regardless of our "own ability" it is a thing that will occur till the end of time, so that being so, some  of a kinder ilk will always endevour to assist those "less technically minded" than some.

I myself "hotswap" all my chips to flash them for my customers, but if im "on-site" and I require to recover a customers chip from a "bad" flash I use my lap-top with a custom X2lite style programmer to Re-flash.

Now this works for me and makes me money, I will be done out of business if this chip allows the inexperienced to flash their chip themself, but hey I will still get other work and we will have another happy xbox'er to learn the intricacys of the "fickle" xbox, and maybe even supply new directions and new ideas for the future.

So those Who read and post "its crap, buy an X2.2lite" really "should" know better and for some who are for one reason or another are in positions of authority within the scene, please stop giving anything "new" a hard time, if everyone had that blinkered and "anal" type of view we would still have guys walking in front of out cars with red flags.

Progress Must be allowed to occur and things "good or bad" must be allowed to appear.

Now Remember this is MY opinion which IM entitled to, so please read it and think about it and if you have a positive opinion, good , post it , but if you read it and can only think im bashing other chip makes then you need to back up and read my post "in full" again as you really missed the point totally.

And if you notice "I edited" my post, it is to CORRECT any spelling mistakes I notice later NOT any "back tracking" on my part, as i have been accuses of by certian (maybe that should read"CRETIN") indviduals in the past.

Regards

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2003, 05:08:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Knocks

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

marcduncan:  Does DMS even claim that XBIT should be able to fix bad tsops?

HoaX

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2003, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (markduncan @ Sep 8 2003, 02:08 AM)
Ah the first wit !   Or should that be "twit" im not sure..............

and that say "sarcasm" is the lowest form of wit!! beerchug.gif

Sorry you took that the wrong way man I didn't mean to upset you.

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2003, 03:35:00 AM »

Hi There

marcduncan: Does DMS even claim that XBIT should be able to fix bad tsops?  

In reply to this, does any chip claim to solve a bad tsop flash !
But "common sence" dictates that if any fitted mod chip "can" sucessfully take over the boot function, then yes it (any mod chip) will assist you to recover from a bad tsop flash.

But in the case of the xbit from the released spec sheets "it would APPEAR" that the USB BIOS flash facility is for the purpose of solely flashing the chip's BIOS.

The posed Question only gives further credence to my earlier post that untill we "actually" get our hands on one (XBIT) we "cannot" say, decide or give advice on any aspect this chip that would be based upon accurate information.

For anyone to try to give anyone else an imformed opinon on how to decide what to buy we must first be able to form a comparison based on experience, and as yet the only persons that have experience of this chip is DMS and any beta testers they have employed to test the chip out.

Sorry you took that the wrong way man I didn't mean to upset you.  

Hmm I was just fooling with you in my own "dry" type of humour , so no need for you to apologise, it is myself who must say sorry to you for teasing.

And I must point ot that I HAVE NO affiliation with DMS what so ever.

Regards

sorry about the four posts it was all the same topic I pressed the button once and the bloody thing post four times !!!!! so i just edited to clear the text.

Regards

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2003, 03:36:00 AM »

See above

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2003, 03:38:00 AM »

DITTO

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2003, 03:38:00 AM »

dry.gif

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

Regards

markduncan

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2003, 01:44:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

• Archived User
X Bit Or X2.2 Lite
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

Well X2.2L+:
1mb flash
Parelll Flash ONLY
On a few BIOS combos
PROGRAMER NOT INCLUDED
SOLDERLESS

X.B.I.T:
2mb flash
USB FLASHING
NO PARELL JUST USB
CAN FLASH IT WHILE INSIDE SYS
7 BIOS COMBOS
PROGRAMMER INCLUDED
SOLDERLESS

So I think I would go with XBIT for all the Marvelous features.
I HAD a Matrix and now I will MOST LIKELY GET THIS ONE!!
Pages: 1 [2]