• Archived User
X-bit
« on: June 17, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »

Anyone going to buy this?

jherre6

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (keiichi-mx @ Jun 18 2003, 12:35 AM)
USB based flashing looks nice. Great for those of us who dont have a parallel port. (laptops, stock shuttles, Abit MAX series, etc)

I'll wait for a review, but it looks pretty good to me so far.

I don't know.....

hmmm,.....  

i think i will stick with xecutor...  

Next thing we'll have Nasis saying this is close to his 3rd dimention technology.. but not quite there..  And how with the new 1.3 M$ is making his "chip" more compatible.. or dare i say.. will he even go as far as built in..???   hahaha

Jason

vidgms4me

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 03:44:00 PM »

This chip looks very promising.  The eject button switch looks cool too

SeasonOfFire

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

One thing I want to know is..... PRICE. It could make all of the difference....

Xeero

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

I'm a bit skeptical.  I'm convinced they've packed enough features into it to keep it from being a cheapmod, but on the whole what does it have over the competition?  The P/E switch is implemented by Xodus.  The exterior DIP switches have been implemented by Xecutor.  Software control over boot-banks has been implemented by Xodus.  External flashing has been implemented by Xecutor.  And now Xecutor is talking about implementation of the remaining LPC points?  Sure, USB flashing is nice, but Xecutor and Xodus now have a solid track record that will be tough to steer customers away from.

I'll admit that DMS certainly made an impact on the PS2 scene.  Their DMS3 is considered to be the highest-end PS2 chip because it can be flashed, but I have found it to be less reliable than the Messiah2, which also has an excellent track record.  Also consider that many PS2 experts find that the DMS pricetag is laughably high when you weigh its features (it generally retails for $75 compared to Messiah2's $35 from foundmy.com) and the fact that its only advantage is flash capability.

Will we see the same thing in X-B.I.T.??  While I respect that it brings more competition to the scene, I hope it is more user-friendly than DMS's PS2 incarnation.

AMoonwalker

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 05:38:00 PM »

It looks really promising... I would get as long as it:
1. Is fully compatible with other bioses.
2. It has good support from the company.
3. It has more features than the Xecuter2.1/2.2 Pro.
4. Price.

For now, I'm gonna still stick to getting an Xecuter2.1/2.2 Pro... More info is definitely needed though.

syntaxx_error

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 01:16:00 AM »

Compared to the xecuter 2.2 Lite+, the x-bit chip looks great....But i don't know if the x-bit could be flashed via evox and not only by usb....:/

user posted image

http://www.dms3.com/x-bit.htm

vtex

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 05:11:00 AM »

Looking at the site the X-Bit cant be software flashed. Only USB. Anyone know who has anything to do with the DMS team?

Does however look very high quality. I would still go for the tried and tested xecuter any day tho.

neomaytricks

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »

It souinds great but Team X-ecutor talents and chips are the best right now.  The have a chip for everyone The Lites for every day gamer.... the Lite + for the beginner who does not want to or who does not know how to solder and the Pro that just has it all.  Not say that all the other mod chips out there are bad. But right now it is like the Video card wars between Nvidia and ATI I guess.  Competition and having choices are great! Keep up the great work!

pimpkid

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »

This chip just smells expensive.  They make no mention of having a non-pogo model..so the wire people are gonna have to deal with paying the extra $25 for the pins?  Usb flashing is neat and all, but its not really that revolutionary, it'll be interesting to see what models team-x and xodus come out with in the future.  I personally feel that they've pretty much maxed out chip potential...most of these new features (including software control), aren't gonna be used by 95% of the users out there...most people really don't have the need for anything more than 1 bios.   But who knows..i guess the big feat would be if they figured out how to trick xblive so you could play backups on there...other than that I'll stick with my cheapmod for myself...and x2lite's for customers.

Cherry

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 09:17:00 AM »

USB ?

Doesn't the X2L programmer already support USB ?

At least, every site I've seen that's selling the thing says it does.

(example)

Unfortunately I couldn't find a decent sized pic of it to be able to see it properly, and couldn't see much mention of it on Xecuters site.

PlastiKK_

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

Doesn't the X2L programmer already support USB ?

I thought that the USB was for power, but maybe I'm wrong.  I don't have one so I really have no reason to know.

I think that the X-bit will probably be overhyped and should have come out earlier.  It will probably have only one feature extra that doesn't really make that big of a difference (like Chameleon).  And again, you will more than likely be stuck with paying the extra $25 for pogos even if you don't want them.

pimpkid

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2003, 11:07:00 AM »

x2lite programmer uses usb for power only..not for actual data transfer.  the only advantage i see of this usb thing:  faster external flashing (probly like 10-20 secs instead of several minutes with parallell), and you don't have to buy a separate cable.  maybe it'll also be less prone to "sync errors" and the like (although I've never had a problem with any x2pro's or my x2lite programmer thus far...works on 4 machines and dozens of chips).

Ubergeek

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2003, 11:23:00 AM »

tongue.gif

nice to see more efforts though

Scan-C

• Archived User
X-bit
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ Jun 18 2003, 02:30 AM)
The P/E switch is implemented by Xodus.  The exterior DIP switches have been implemented by Xecutor.  Software control over boot-banks has been implemented by Xodus.  External flashing has been implemented by Xecutor.

not completely right.external flashing was implemented by games-x.anyone remember the pc-bioxx?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7