xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Mod  (Read 591 times)

jamal

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« on: November 09, 2002, 03:22:00 AM »

Does anyone know if the Matrix mod need any special printer port settings or anything?

I am pluging the mod flasher right into my printer port without a cable as I dont have one.

I have tried it on my pc and 7 others. EVERY!!!!! one gives me the same error. Device Not Found.....

I'm not sure what the fuck is wrong. Anyone know what settings might need to be changed in the bios to make this peice of crap work =)

I'm trying to flash one for my friends XBox without much luck.                                    

forcelite

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2002, 04:33:00 AM »

I am sure you have tried flashing in XP, but if not try that. Also I would try using both the dos flasher and the windows one. I dont remember any special settings, just make sure you dont disable the printer port, But I had a printer installed just unplugged it and plugged in the matrix with no problems. Also its very likly you have a bad programmer. Many people have been complaining about bad programmers and still got thier matirx chip flashed using someone elses programmmer (so it was not a bad chip). Once you get an inital flash you can always update via the dash                                    

frekkle

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

try holding on the programmer (push it in well)

make sure you are getting a red led on the chip when the prgammer is connected

if not contact the xodus support
they helped many people out                                      

jamal

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 05:42:00 AM »

Using XP, tried both the DOS and Windows programers and the red lights on. Nothing...                                    

jamal

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 06:07:00 AM »

I just went threw on both of the 2 windows XP pc's I have here and tried EVERY!!! printer port setting in the bios on the motherboards and i get No Device Found on EVERYONE!

I'm lost I dont know what to try. I have tried 5 diffrent new 9volt battriers thinking that might be it.

duff

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2002, 06:22:00 AM »

Look very closely at all of the circits connecting the chips on the matrix to the circit board.  The chips on a few of the units have not been fully connected, thus casuing the problem that you are dealing with.                                    

jamal

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »

Ya man all the legs of the flash chip are soldered down. I had already checked the chip for damage. I hadnt heard about that but I thought possably the chip or the pcb had damage. It all looks fine.                                    

Quintass

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2002, 03:53:00 PM »

I had issues with the win XP OS and didn't feel like installing that program that was suggested so I found an old 95 computer that i had plugged it into the back of that and worked first time no errors.                                    

ForNeverEnding

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2002, 04:10:00 PM »

Try installing GiveIO Drivers...can be found here:

http://www.roentdek.com/Software/Bins/Give...ver%20Setup.exe