xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Looking For Some Matrix Modchips  (Read 911 times)

lAze_a55

• Archived User
Looking For Some Matrix Modchips
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »

I don't have any matrix chips, but aren't they similar to a cheapmod? If you fancy constructing your own, I have several 49LF020 chips and 32 pin plcc sockets I'd part with if the price was right. I also have many 12 pin male header pins and I can provide the pinout schematics I use when I make myself one.

The only downside would be that you would have to build them and flash them. I have used probably about 10 or so fo them and they are really simply devices. But like I said the only pain is building them

VerbalVenom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(macisp2000 @ Sep 10 2008, 07:31 PM) View Post

I have alot of Xbox's that I use throughout the house for XBMC and my first chip was a Matrix, I have Xeniums in the others.  I know the Xeniums do a lot more, but I just love the simple install with the Matrix chips and no strange on/off/eject switch.  I would like to buy or trade anyone who is willing to part with some Matrix chips or if someone could tell me a place that would still sell them.  Please PM and post any info, thank you.

Mac

Is it for the challenge of installing a cheapmod, or is it just preference? you could get a duox2 for $13 shipped and just hard wire it for constant on (ground D0 IIRC)

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 02:07:00 AM »

I think he's just sentimental about the matrix or cheapmod

lAze_a55

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »

Soldering just takes lots of practice, a good iron and solder. I still don't concider myself very good at it, but I manage and try to learn from my mistakes. I have made probably about 10 or so cheapmods. They don't look professional because I assemble them on solderable perf boards, but they are socketed and look pretty nice for a home made chip.