xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix...more Trouble Than Its Worth  (Read 328 times)

ephesith

• Archived User
Matrix...more Trouble Than Its Worth
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

I have a 1.0 mb that I need to get the eeprom off of so I can throw a new HDD in it and tsop the box.  THe LPC holes are soldered (of course) and I didn't feel like de-soldering them so I figured I'd get a matrix (they're cheap enough).  

So I got the chip and programmer and programmed it/aligned it correctly with the solid green light and I have the dip switches correctly switched so that the bios should load off hte chip and the  xbox should boot into the modded state.

Well it doesnt.  I get a darn error 16.  I'm using a clean hdd (no files on it at all) but I have my evox boot cdrw in the dvd rom.  I've tried two different dvdroms (samsung/phillips) and it seems as though the disk is being recognized (spinning etc...) but I still get an error 16?! WTF!

I have used this evox boot disk on several xboxs and it works fine (as far as booting to the disk goes).  Does the matrix not recognzie this or what?  ITs starting to piss me off.  I've tried using both the evox 2.5 bios and the latest xecuter 256k bios, neither work.  ALWAYS error 16.

any advise?

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »

Ya, they suck.  Get another chip that doesnt.

Dra60nSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

you get err 16 when xbox lost track of date and time... and cant find MS dashboard to show you the clock setting..

put in your old HDD and set date and time.. then you have aprox 2 h to install the new blank HDD.. (the first thing to do is installing a MS-dashoard

If your old HDD is broken flash your matrix with a bios that have err 16 fix

And.. to flash TSOP you have to boot from TSOP ... to flash LPC you have to boot from LPC

bammer85

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:08:00 AM »

I agree man. Can this mofo. I'm going to get a DUO X2 GS soon.