xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flubber Screen (error 5)  (Read 334 times)

dchoate99

• Archived User
Flubber Screen (error 5)
« on: April 02, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

OK, I reflashed the bios (with x2 4983).  Still getting the same 05 error.  Does anyone have any ideas as to something else I could try?

ephesith

• Archived User
Flubber Screen (error 5)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

sounds like the chip is dead.  Error five means the HDD is unlocked.  So the chip seems to be ignoring the modified bios and is loading the stock bios.  Double check your dip switches to make sure they  are correct.  If they are correct and your have the solid green light and you're sure you flashed the chip correctly then I dont know what to say except get another chip.  

I'm presently in the same boat. I have my matrix flashed right and aligned right and I have the switches set right but it STILL ignores the damn bios!!!!

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Flubber Screen (error 5)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

Clean and scrape the d0 point or ground it with a piece of wire and some solder if you dont mind the chip being always on.

vickster

• Archived User
Flubber Screen (error 5)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

Same thing just started happening my my v.1.0 xbox with matrix chip.  Started getting the error 5 code, so I figured it was trying to load the default bios and balking due to the unlocked after-market HDD.  Now here's the weird thing:  I pulled the mod chip and carefully read throught the developer's kit manual.  Double-checked the dip switches and re-seated the matrix - all the appropriate LED's depending upon the dip switch settings.  I've set the switches so the matrix loads by default; however, the default stock bios loads everytime.  Of course, the good news is at least I'm not getting the error 5 code and we can still use the xbox, just not all the features allowed with the mod.  If the mod chip is shot, how is it possible for the stock bios to load with the aftermarket HDD?