xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help! Game Connected To Live And Reset Dashboard  (Read 239 times)

Jackyl

• Archived User
Help! Game Connected To Live And Reset Dashboard
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

$hit!!! I just started Rainbow 6-3 off the HDD and it said it was dl'ing updates from Live. When it reset it went to the M$ dashboard instead of EvoX. It pops up the Xcuter BIOS though. What did it do? Do I have to reset my dashboard or do I have to pull the Matrix chip and reflash the damn Xcuter BIOS? Will I be able to FTP in? Thanks!!!

BTW, how did it do this when it wasn't connected to the internet? My XB is cross-connected to a wireless PC that was turned off.

Jackyl

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »

UPDATE: IGR works, it will run burned games, I can't get in via FTP. Did it just default the username / password or do I have to pull the drive?

This post has been edited by Jackyl: Oct 9 2005, 07:50 PM

hockeyfrk5

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

Good news and bad news...

Good news:  All you need to fix the problem is a Slayers disc.  grab a slayers 2.6 and reinstall Evox, everything will still be on there, there's nothing wrong wiht your Bios at all.

Bad news:  99% sure that you're banned from Xbox Live.  If you access LIVE with the chip on it'll detect it and ban you.  sorry!  try getting a new EEPROM, theres a bunch of people around here that sell them.  Or get a new mobo.

Jackyl

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

Sweet!!! I use Xlink Kai...screw Live. Thanks for the help. How in the hell did it happen in the first place? The wireless computer was turned off.