xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Box Not Booting Correctly  (Read 189 times)

cwhiteh2

• Archived User
Box Not Booting Correctly
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

my son told me a week ago that his xbox wasn't reading game disc or dvd movies..
then he told me this morning it was giving an error message 7...

also its been doing the 3 boot thing lately, (where the matrix chip has bad contact and you have to turn it on and off a couple of times) which i figured i'd take care of while in there...

I had the not reading disc problem before so I knew what to do. i took apart the box, blew it out with a air compressor. i then took the dvd apart and cleaned the laser with a qtip, isoprop alcohol and the air. then i took the matrix chip off, cleaned the points and put it back on.

when i put it all back together, the matrix lit up green, but like before, it just had the xbox boot screen, (not the executor2 at the bottom)...the hard drive sounds like its clicking looking for a file or something, then it gives me the error 7 again.
It should say ex2 at the bottom if it's using that bios..

It's been ages since i installed it. what can i do to get the xbox to work?
how do i test the chip. if i have the orig 8gb hd, should i try that one..

what mode should i be in. as i havent touchhed it, it should be fine with 1 off and 2 on?

Please help me out if you get a chance.

cwhiteh2

• Archived User
Box Not Booting Correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

ok, weird, i replaced the old seagate and it booted fine...and my 100gb western digital is under warranty...

any advice on backing up the old drive?