xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Chameleon Help  (Read 242 times)

MonsterTy

• Archived User
Chameleon Help
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

You need to add lines to your ini to be able to disable and boot from the TSOP.  I point you to the guide pinned at the top of this forum fro help:

Chameleon Help

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

blubberpud

• Archived User
Chameleon Help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

If you installed the P E wires you can disable the chip with the eject button.  I got the install in a .PDF if you need it PM me if you want it.

Lousebox

• Archived User
Chameleon Help
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

I checked out the tut that you sent blubberpud but I have seemed to run into a snag. I bought the solderless adapter/chip combo. With the adapter, you have to insert a thin gold wire into the d0 spot on the board. How am I going to be able to solder from that point to my chip?

Do I not have to do that part for the eject trick to work? Just solder the p and e places and leave out the d0?

blubberpud

• Archived User
Chameleon Help
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

Hey Lousebox,
I believe you only need to hook up the P & E wires, if you have the solderless adapter it makes the D0 connection for you.

To use the front panel control (Power&Eject buttons) the chip must be in  MODE4. (DIP1-ON,DIP2-ON)

Software control should work in any MODE, I'll send you the Chameleon User Manual and you can check your setup.

Nimrod1

• Archived User
Chameleon Help
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

I would like a copy of the Chameleon User guide. Can you email me a copy??  

[email protected].

Thanks,
Nim