xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: $60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!  (Read 130 times)

Ps2Socom

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« on: October 16, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »

Hey guys this fuking sucks big buffalo balls!!

my drive was working ok for the first 2 days... well i wasnt sure anyways i put it in format it, and just left it there, nothing was saved on it. anyways 2 days later it started to click really loud and then locks up my computer! when i reboot, i cant boot up! it wont detect any harddrives if that is plugged in... so i took it out. I emailed the guy "Drivesandmore" and so far no reply. I called up Maxtor and they told me that these drives belong to SONY, they go in Sony computers or supposedly. That i should contact the dude that sold me this drive or call up sony and see what they can do... i dont think sony can do anything since they prob got rid of them cheap to  this guy drivesandmore with no warranty...

What do you guys think??? any advice or comment??

thanks!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

--MSG--

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

when i saw the auction for these i knew these were too cheap.  i wanted to bid on all of them but i knew since it's just an online auction it has no real warranty and anything can go wrong.  i never buy electronics online.  but yea you should keep calling the sony place i guess.

RobwDav

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »

Hmm, belongs to Sony..........the guy has great feedback, but I find it hard to believe he is connected to SONY.............I'm not throwing stones, but you gotta wonder...........??

anyway, mine is workin..............keep my fingers crossed.

LaterDays

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »

I got the 100g from him, not a bad price, mine is fine, only thing is that it's not lockable, but since I don't use Xlive, that's okay with me.  Sorry to hear the news.

TykSak

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »

shank69xo

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

Sorry to hear the news of your HD. If drivesandmore doesnt contact you back, then you are screwed. Everyone else is gonna:   A.)Point you towards the seller or, B.)Make you pay a small replacement fee, if you bitch loud enough.

Ps2Socom

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

TykSak i went thru that already, and it wont give me results, it tells me to call up maxtor... now how the hell am i gonna call sony... what number who, the lady told me that she dont even know how sony work. shit.... they gonna point me all over the place...

Ben999_

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

All you have to do is contact the seller! This guy will reply within a day or two, and he will give you a replacement. I should know, since I just received a replacement today. The first one I got was very very loud, probably due to the poor packaging. I explained that to him and he sent me a replacement in a box with packaging peanuts and padded envelope around the drive next day aired to me.

Ps2Socom

• Archived User
$60 160 Gig Hd Gone Bad!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

i emailed him, still no reply.... can you guys give me his email so i can make sure im emailing the right person.

thanks!