xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Would This Work?  (Read 19 times)

bigman8888

• Archived User
Would This Work?
« on: October 02, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »

Right now i have a screwed up xbox, which i somehow corruptd, removed, or replaced files on the c drive, so i was wondering if i were to get a new hard drive and then format it with my other xbox that works ( they're the same version by the way) and replace that newly re-formatted hard drive with the one in my broken xbox would that work? or is there something else that also needs to be replaced other than the hard drive to restore my busted xbox?

bleugh

• Archived User
Would This Work?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 12:18:00 AM »

yes, this can be done,
it would be a whole lot easier if you had read the tutorials and backed up your C-drive when modding / ftping

ah well,

looks like you will have to read tutorials now!

now, what EXACTLY did you do to the xbox.

the soloution may be as simple as creating an EVOX boot disk and using that to FTP a dashboard back to the xbox (Yes, you can download the original  xboxdash files from places)

or you may have to get complicated and use HEX EDITORS, CONFIGMAGIC and other software to sort it out

hint, the words in capitols are good keywords for searches,
I can also recommend reading the tutorials

in summary, YES, its fixable

thomes08

• Archived User
Would This Work?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 12:23:00 AM »

yes it's very fixable... what kind of chip do you have.  If you can use an external programmer like say if you have an xecuter 2 chip, you can flash it with the new x2 4978.03 bios and hold down A and boot up and you can FTP from there and move the files over that are needed.  But i think using a boot cd would be easier like bleugh said

good luck

thomes08

EvoNex

• Archived User
Would This Work?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 02:26:00 AM »

Go for it man! It'll pay off in da long run.

EvoNex

bigman8888

• Archived User
Would This Work?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »

now, what EXACTLY did you do to the xbox.

the soloution may be as simple as creating an EVOX boot disk and using that to FTP a dashboard back to the xbox (Yes, you can download the original xboxdash files from places)

or you may have to get complicated and use HEX EDITORS, CONFIGMAGIC and other software to sort it out

I think i'll just try and do it the hardrive way cause 1st of all, the xbox i had was softmodded, and secondly im not sure what i did, i just knoe that whatever it was it happened in the c drive. See when I finished messin around thru ftp with my xbox i felt like playin wolf on my xbox, so anyway i put in wolf and everythings workin fine, but then i turn off my box and turn it back on and all i get is there arror 21 screen even if i try and boot with a disk, so i think it would be less complicated just to set up another drive and do it that way.  I plan on buyin a mod chip and 160 or 120 hdd.