xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help A Noob With Eeprom Problems  (Read 86 times)

24Sevenpimp

• Archived User
Help A Noob With Eeprom Problems
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

would buying a new mod chip do the trick? not particularly bothered about saving all the suff on the hard drive, all that can be replaced. Getting it working again is my biggest concern

u_n_s97

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

If you don't have a backup of your eeprom, and your hdd is locked (and has never been unloked/locked earlier) then your HDD is gone and has to be replaced. (ok, it can be unlocked, read about it more in the forums) Buying a new chip will not help, you have to get a working Xbox, flash the Cromwell unauthorized into your chip, put the chip in the "dead" console, boot from it then and it will restore your eeprom. After that you have to reflash the chip with a normal BIOS in a working machine using the hotswap method. As said if your HDD is gone then you also have to replace that, and then your saves are lost.

regards, Stephen

pS: why did you play with eeprom manipulation settings when you dit not know what you were doing ?

24Sevenpimp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(u_n_s97 @ Oct 9 2006, 07:59 PM) View Post

If you don't have a backup of your eeprom, and your hdd is locked (and has never been unloked/locked earlier) then your HDD is gone and has to be replaced. (ok, it can be unlocked, read about it more in the forums) Buying a new chip will not help, you have to get a working Xbox, flash the Cromwell unauthorized into your chip, put the chip in the "dead" console, boot from it then and it will restore your eeprom. After that you have to reflash the chip with a normal BIOS in a working machine using the hotswap method. As said if your HDD is gone then you also have to replace that, and then your saves are lost.

regards, Stephen

pS: why did you play with eeprom manipulation settings when you dit not know what you were doing ?

thanks for the reply. It all sounds abit above me so ill either find somone who can do it for a price or just end up scrapping the whole lot. I did do a backup with evox when i first got my box chipped, does it put the backup on the xbox hdd? As to the eeprom settings, i was trying to set up the boost mode to use with qwix and i went in to the wrong menu pressed the wrong button and thats pretty much that. I didnt think it would be that easy for total noob to just press one button and then total disaster but in the future I will be much more careful what I do.

Thanks

mammlouk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »

Sounds to me like you just misflashed the on board eeprom and if you install a modchip, that should get your box booting again, but if you don't have the origianl xbox eeprom, you are pretty much lost as far as getting the gamesave back.

xboxuser5

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

I can make another eeprom reader/writer and one of them would fix it becuase it allow's the eeprom to be read or written.