xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New X2 Bios  (Read 84 times)

$langer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« on: April 12, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

I was just reading on the Xecuter forums that the new X2 bios is going to be 512k, guess that means tough luck for XT installers or would it be possible to slice it to 256k?

-$langer

$langer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

So the new bios is out and it is indeed 512k.  Is there any possibility that someone could hack this bios down to 256k or is that out of the question?

-$langer

HackDaBox

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

YES you can split the bios smile.gif

But it will no longer function  mad.gif

Just use X2 4981.06 for older xboxes or M8 Plus V1.6 on new models !

Yes otherguy is correct ... it's a lot of fuss over nothing !

Why cry over not being able to boot an unstable bios that is a beta version when you have a rock solid bios now and with all the tools available on xbins you can do most of the same tweaks anyway and learn alot more by doing it all manually.

HackDaBox !

$langer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 08:08:00 PM »

Yah it isn't really a concern of mine, but when people start complaining that they can't have the latest X2 bios because of XT's 256k bank what am I to do?  This sort of puts 256k bank modchips at a disadvantage from an installer's point of view.  I guess there are always DuoX 2s...

HackDaBox

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

Maybe it's time you made the change to the Duox2 ... they are damn good chips and i don't think you would go back after installing and using one.

HackDaBox !

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

wink.gif  Whats to say he hasn't installed and used one? (I know he has)......the reason a lot of installers stock more xt's than duox2's is price..(aka to maximize profit)

Chancer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

I don't really know what everyone pays price wise for different areas etc but I can buy a Blue DuoX 2 for the same price (but for 50p) as an Aladdin. Maybe I am paying too much for my DuoX 2 I don't know but the main thing is the supplier is trusted does not sell me any clones and is next day shipping included. I pay £10 each in case anyone wants to know. I charge £40 inclusive to mod the box + the cost of the HDD.
I buy my shopping at Asda............ oops I am rambling a bit  it must be my age biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif

Unseen Shadow

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

haha...good old Asda (we dont have them here in Canada...or the US)....but they do sell the best no name Shandies biggrin.gif  .  10 quid per duox2...is about 25 canadian....most of us get them for 15 canadian....or less in bulk tongue.gif  .  But now Im venturing off topic...oh well tongue.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

Can you not customise that yourself with X2 Config maker.

cubistproject

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

I imagine you're right chancer. It must just be the boot priority is altered. I know that you can alter it on the other X2 bioses, same with EvoX. I actually prefer to have the bios boot straight to the dash, as I never really play games anyways. It's just annoying for the disc to boot to me.

Chancer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

but it will only boot from C, and yes i have configured the ini correctly, and it wont boot any kind of boot disk it goes straight to a dash first.

I would re-check your configuration because this is a boot order issue and is customisable

Chancer

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »

Try 5032. Its out now
said that no one has done any testing for him with a doux2

What he actually said was no one else has had any trouble.

sampoman

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

Yes the new X2 5032 bios will not flash properly to the clone I have, stops flashing about 30% of the way and then both banks 0 and 1 regardless which one you flashed to are now dead and chip can not boot at all.  Another reason not to buy a clone duox 2.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »

Have you flashed this clone before with a working bios ?

If yes what flashing tool did you use ? (Evox , Spiderflash cd , Xflash etc )

What  flashing tool did you use to flash the new X2 bios ?

Flashing the X2 bios should not kill your chip , It must be the flashing tool you used i think and the way the 2 banks are split.

HackDaBox !

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
New X2 Bios
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(sampoman @ May 3 2005, 01:33 AM)
Yes the new X2 5032 bios will not flash properly to the clone I have, stops flashing about 30% of the way and then both banks 0 and 1 regardless which one you flashed to are now dead and chip can not boot at all.  Another reason not to buy a clone duox 2.
Pages: [1] 2