xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /  (Read 24 times)

Nydell

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« on: December 11, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »

Hello

I´ve flashed wrong bios to my Duox 2 is there any way to recover the chip?

I´ve got a 1.6 and at first I flashed "EvolutionX M8 Bios_v1.6" and then i flashed back to one of the old my old bioses (hell broke loose)...

When I try to start the box with the chip it won't do it, green and red leds flashing. I can start it without the chip and play my CD games but nothing else.

Greatful for help

Ps. Do I still have warrenty? (bought it chipped all I did was try to change to a better bios)

Chancer

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

Ps. Do I still have warrenty? (bought it chipped all I did was try to change to a better bios)

Definetely not . Unfortunately the screw up is down to you
The version you have means you have to have a 1.6 compatible bios which is M8.16 or M8+.16.
Your chip has 2 banks on it with a bank switch but it sounds like you flashed the M8.16 bank. If thats the case you will have to stick the chip in anolder xbox and flash it back with M8.16 so it will work in your version xbox again.
I also would not advise flashing just for the sake of it without a specific reason because if the flash goes wrong you can't use your xbox iwth it enabled.

Nydell

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (Chancer @ Dec 11 2004, 04:34 PM)
Definetely not . Unfortunately the screw up is down to you
The version you have means you have to have a 1.6 compatible bios which is M8.16 or M8+.16.
Your chip has 2 banks on it with a bank switch but it sounds like you flashed the M8.16 bank. If thats the case you will have to stick the chip in anolder xbox and flash it back with M8.16 so it will work in your version xbox again.
I also would not advise flashing just for the sake of it without a specific reason because if the flash goes wrong you can't use your xbox iwth it enabled.

So when i changed the bios i messed up my warrenty?

After googleling i to found out that the chip has 2 banks, and a "friend" told me that there would be an other bios on the 2nd bank. But when it didn't that i changed the switch, it just kept on flashing red and green.

So I need another x-box with this chip to get mine to work (am I suppoust to do as you do with computer bioses (take the working bioschip and but it on the "broken" motherboard?))

This post has been edited by Nydell: Dec 11 2004, 06:11 PM

MegaHurt

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »

Since you aren't running a v1.6 bios you should be able to pu the chip in v1.0-1.5 box and have it boot. Then you can flash it through evox with the M8_1.6.

I have Cromwell on my second bank just in case something like this happens. I reccomend that once you get this fixed.

Nydell

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (MegaHurt @ Dec 11 2004, 07:08 PM)
Since you aren't running a v1.6 bios you should be able to pu the chip in v1.0-1.5 box and have it boot. Then you can flash it through evox with the M8_1.6.

I have Cromwell on my second bank just in case something like this happens. I reccomend that once you get this fixed.

I don't want to get that messy. If i send it to a chop that chips x-boxes can they fix mine?

MegaHurt

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »

I think that depends on the shop. Some places might, and other might not.

I would contact the shop, if you have one in mind, and ask. It can't hurt.

Nydell

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »

I talked to a guy and he said he'll take, 300 sek (~43USD) for fixing the chip exchaning it if its broken and install everything. Is that a good deal?

ckh2004

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

Considering that DuoX 2 costs about US$11-15, US$43 just to flash for you is too expensive. All he has to do is to plug into any older xbox and simply flash using evox disk. So easy, US$10 at most for the serive. Hell, he could have just sell you a new one for US$10-15 with a trade in.

Nydell

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »

The chip doesnt cost 15$ here it costs ~25 if you buy 1, but if you buy servral (20+) then the price is about 15$

http://chipper.se/index.php?main_page=prod...products_id=180    299 sek (kr) = 43USD

This post has been edited by Nydell: Dec 12 2004, 03:21 PM

ckh2004

• Archived User
Duox 2 Flashed Wrong = /
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

Get from:

www.divineo.cn
www.eurasia.nu
www.robotpig.com

Worldwide registered air mail shipping is only US$5.

Anybody know any cheaper places, please contribute...