xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Please!: Xbox Not Running Backups/apps  (Read 19 times)

Stryder

• Archived User
Help Please!: Xbox Not Running Backups/apps
« on: December 01, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

Hi all, I'm pretty inexperienced with all this stuff and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to read about my problem and offer any advice in regards to this problem I'm having.

I have an xbox that a mate gave me which failed on him, it was a 1.4 with an Aladdin (non-socketed) 64 in it.

When he gave it to me it had this problem that it would boot, you'd get the modchip logo and then it would reset and do the same thing, it would loop like this.

So I thought it may have been to do with the drive that was in it, it's a 160gb and I thought maybe he flashed the bios to one that doesn't support LBA48, I put in an unlocked retail drive and it would boot to the MS dash ok (with the mod chip seemingly enabled) but wouldn't run any backups/apps, it would just hang on the X logo, also when booting up the xbox with a backup inside it would just hang on the X logo.

I replaced the chip with one of my Aladdin 64's (socketed) and it's doing the same stuff, what could the problem be guys? please if you can help, it would be great.

Also as a side note, not sure if this matters, but the light on the front of the xbox is only half lit when it's in use, don't think this will mean anything though

Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated!!!