xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Odd Eject Led Colours W/ Aladdin Xt  (Read 68 times)

$langer

• Archived User
Odd Eject Led Colours W/ Aladdin Xt
« on: September 16, 2004, 03:05:00 PM »

I recently installed an Aladdin XT w/ header pin after much trouble trouble and frustration. I originally had the chip functioning correctly with a solid orange LED when powered on, but after foolishly trying to re-solder something the chip stopped working.  Then after more hours of frustration and re-soldering of wires,  I figured out that one of the LPC points had a bad connection, so I re-soldered it and all appears to work now.

The problem is that the left half of the eject LED is green and the right half is Orange when the modchip is powered on.  With a quick tap of the power the xbox boots with a solid green LED.  I am not too concerned about the colour as  long as there is not something going on that will  damage the xbox...  

Which points on the Aladdin XT are responsible for controlling the LED colour, BT and L1?  I also have the X point bridged with D0 because that's what i did originally to get the chip to work.  Anyone have any ideas what may be going on here?  Will the xbox be safe?

Thanks!

Edit: I just checked the CPU temps to see if something was maybe shorted and it's at 57C and the mobo is at 47C  :blink:   I don't know what the temps were before I installed the chip because this isn't my xbox, but thats a high mobo temp... What should I do?

This post has been edited by $langer: Sep 16 2004, 10:52 PM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

Check the L1 connection on the Xbox mobo the SMD resistor may be damaged

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I had a feeling it was either the BT or L1.  Should I attempt to resolder the L1 connection?  What should be the resistance of the resistor that L1 connects to?

Thanks!

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

L1 is connected to a 100ohm resistor.
BT is connected to a 10K resistor.
Usually you can spot the damge with a magnifier, often the resistor is cracked in half.

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.  I will check the resistor today. So if the resistor were to be damaged, could this cause any serious harm to the xbox?  What would happen if I were to remove the L1 connection completely?

Thanks

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »

If you removed the L1 connection the modchip and the box will still work ok it only controls the LED indication. The resistor can be replaced by an ordinary type with wires soldered to each end then soldered to the pads where the original SMD one is fitted. The legs of the resistor and any exposed wire would have to be insulated with tape or heatshrink tubing though. If its damaged it will not harm your Xbox

$langer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

Awesome.  Thanks for all the great help, you are a true pro.