xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.3 + Aladdin Live?#$(*&@  (Read 40 times)

imflushed

• Archived User
1.3 + Aladdin Live?#$(*&@
« on: August 05, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

OK - this is a long story and if someone comes up with an answer I will be very very pleased.

I got handed what turned out to be a 1.3 xbox to flash the tsop, throw evox and xbmc on, the usual stuff. the hard drive decided it was going to flake out while I had the thing mounted from a linux boot disk. anyway, the drive died completely so i had to look for a modchip solution to be able to get going on another hd.

i yanked an old Matrix chip and tried it but to my dismay i found out about the lframe difference. when it would try to boot from that old chip it was power-off-power-off-power-frag

since the via point on the nvidia chip is well beyond my ability to solder i decided to get the cheapest mod that would boot a 1.3 long enough to set up a new hd and go back to the original plan of flashing the tsop.

this aladdin live is behaving EXACTLY the same as the old matrix did - power-off-power-off-power-frag. remove the d0 or yank the chip, the original xbox fires into error mode without a problem. i can't get the thing to go, and i've checked the pinheaders 50 times

i've also checked continuity along the lpc points to the first pad i can get a reading from.  where i'm wondering if the problem may come from is my butchering of the tsop write enable pad near the lpc. i obliterated the points beyond saving, but i think the problem looks very local to there.

i've tried a couple different bios on the aladdin, connected the bt and l1 points (now i can frag in orange/red instead of green/red - yay). i've also looked for a good long while around the scene here for a good lpc diagnostic so i can light out all my lpc points to see if anything is amiss.

any help greatly appreciated. don't know how cogent this message explaining the problem was, but it's 3:30 after a long night trying to shake the problem out myself

-- thanks guys