xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...  (Read 238 times)

..::Macro::..

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« on: February 12, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

Today i flashed! It flashed good! Everything was going well! Then the xbox turned off! Then i turned it on and it quickly turned off then on again! And it gave me an error 16! What to do???Will I have to solder anything?...is my xbox going to hell?
Thank you!

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 05:03:00 AM »

Bump! uhh.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 05:04:00 AM »

You will have to either take the chip out and flash with a programmer or use exploit and flash using xflash V2 or eurasia

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

Can i take the chip out and then get a new, different one? Because i don't have a good solder! dry.gif And they're kind of expensive in our country!

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

Yes you can swap the chip out. Only the flash is bad on the one you have so  another different one would work

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

I figured that if i turn the chip off i could play games! I turn it off by just tapping the power button! At first it gave me an error 5, which means that the hdd should be locked! So i locked it! Rebooted...and guess what...gave me an error 6, "can't unlock hdd"!! WTF??? How can i fix that? blink.gif  
Here are the pics of my mod chip! I didn't install it! Is it possible to get it off?

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

did you lock it with the coressponding lock key from YOUR xbox's EEPROM?

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »

What do you mean?Explain!

pc2xbox

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

First, did you do a backup in evox?  if you did your password is in one of those files (not at home to tell you which file) but I think it is HDDinfo.txt or something.  As for the chip I had the same problem, the exploit did not work for me becuase my xbox just shut off when trying to load the bad bios.  But if you get an error message it may work.  You need to relock your harddrive with the right password though.  I use unlockX on my PC to do this.  You just make a DOS boot disk and put unlockX.exe on it.  

Once you get the Xbox back to normal again read about exploits if you already haven't and try that.

If you want to buy a new chip, depending on how the installer installed it, it should be easy to remove.  If they used pin headers then you just need to unsolder the actuall wires going to the chip and it will unplug from the board easily.  Hope that helps

cool.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

If you had that professionally installed I would let someone else remove the chip and fit a new one. The install is really poor no wonder you have problems

it should be easy to remove. If they used pin headers then you just need to unsolder the actuall wires going to the chip and it will unplug from the board easily

Scroll back up and have alook at the pictures Oh Dear.

Was the chip ever working? Did you change your HDD at the same time as install?
Did it only go wrong when you flashed it? If it worked until you flashed it the flash did not work right and the chip will have to be re-flashed anyway then you will need to sort out whatever you have done since ie something with the HDD

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply!
Yes i did a backup a month ago! I have the code! But the problem is that i didn't use the retail hdd, i used a 120 gig WD! I will try with the retail!
Now...the chip is soldered on very bad...amateur like! I will try to get it off...but the main problem is that it's is soldered on the mainboard and if i spill some solder on the borard...then it will suck!
First i will cut the DO point wire and see if the xbox isn't broken! Then i will try to unsolder the chip!

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (Chancer @ Feb 13 2004, 02:07 PM)
If you had that professionally installed I would let someone else remove the chip and fit a new one. The install is really poor no wonder you have problems

it should be easy to remove. If they used pin headers then you just need to unsolder the actuall wires going to the chip and it will unplug from the board easily

Scroll back up and have alook at the pictures Oh Dear.

Was the chip ever working? Did you change your HDD at the same time as install?
Did it only go wrong when you flashed it? If it worked until you flashed it the flash did not work right and the chip will have to be re-flashed anyway then you will need to sort out whatever you have done since ie something with the HDD

The chip was working all the time! It was allways on because it didn't work when it was off! The xbox was premodded and i had the chip installed when i got the xbox!
The hdd replacement was brilliant...no problems! I flashed it before with EvoX M7...and it worked!

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

Ok...i have plan A! I will rebuild the retail hdd and cut the wire that leads ti the DO point! If it will work i will unsolder the chip(don't know how) dry.gif  and get a new one!

The only thing that could screw up the thing is this: when i tried to turn the chip off(when the chip(not flashed) was working) the xbox gave me an error! Still don't know why! Noone knows exactly! huh.gif
Could it be that the mainboard is broken and the chip magicaly repairs it? smile.gif

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

Look.. error 6 is Cannot Unlock Hard drive.. that has NOTHING to do with the modchip.

• Archived User
Aladdin V64 Bad Flash...
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Feb 13 2004, 10:07 PM)
Look.. error 6 is Cannot Unlock Hard drive.. that has NOTHING to do with the modchip.

Yeah...i know that! But when i was using the retail hdd the chip-turned-off boot didn't work...gave me an error 16! Oh and btw...why can't the xbox unlock the hdd?
Pages: [1] 2