xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Chameleon Dosen't Light Up  (Read 294 times)

GrisGris

• Archived User
Chameleon Dosen't Light Up
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

Yeah, thanks Neo...realized I was wrong on that one. Fortunately I have a good d0 connection to the Chameleon now.

EctoplasmatroN

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (byt3-ra1d @ Jun 1 2003, 04:17 AM)
How many people who cant get their chameleon chip working have an original 1.0 xbox and are there any problems with 1.1 and on up xboxes??

Ok well I have a 1.0 here and I am not getting any Cromwell screen at all it just boots straight to MS Dash.

ItsGForMe

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »

v1.0 here. Three different Chameleon chips. Box either boots to MS Dash Or FRAGs (if I ground D0 myself).

EctoplasmatroN

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2003, 08:35:00 AM »

Looks like it could be a problem with 1.0 boxes.  I had the chip soldered by an installer so I cannot see anything being wrong with the soldering as he told me it was one of the easiest installs he has done on any console.  So basically i am wondering what does it mean it just boots straight to the MS Dash, as I have noticed some FRAG.  There must be a different problem between them as one is causing it to FRAG and one is causing it to boot MS Dash.  I need to know what it means when booting to MS Dash as I am in the middle of filling out the RMA refund form on easybuys site.

GrisGris

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

Excto..let us know how the EasyBuy2000 return process goes for you.

I have a v1.1 and have only recently gotten past the FRAG issue (now I get an apparent Cromwell boot/tray eject with a black screen).  

The MS dash boot problem is indicative of a bad d0 connection.  The FRAG problem (at least related to the chip) can only occur when the d0 is properly connected and the Xbox, as a result, starts looking to the LPC to boot.

byt3-ra1d

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

Just to let you know. do NOT plug the chameleon into the matrix unless you cut the traces. I borrowed my friends to try without cutting the traces and now everytime i try to use the matrix it always flashes red BUT it still works if i align up the d0 by eye. I think it fryed the green light

Bboy

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

I have a 1.0 and it FRAGS everytime. I am also going to call EB2K and see what I can do.

Bruce

byt3-ra1d

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2003, 05:06:00 PM »

I dont think anyone with a version 1.0 xbox has gotten it to work on the first time. Everyone i know had a 1.1 and it works fine. As soon as i get 30 bucks and get this fuckin pin header removed im gonna get a 1.1 from bestbuy. There has got to be a way to switch from 1.0 to 1.1 bios orthe cromwall bios they use only supports 1.1 and up.

nadiboy

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2003, 03:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (EctoplasmatroN @ Jun 3 2003, 02:35 AM)
Looks like it could be a problem with 1.0 boxes.  I had the chip soldered by an installer so I cannot see anything being wrong with the soldering as he told me it was one of the easiest installs he has done on any console.  So basically i am wondering what does it mean it just boots straight to the MS Dash, as I have noticed some FRAG.  There must be a different problem between them as one is causing it to FRAG and one is causing it to boot MS Dash.  I need to know what it means when booting to MS Dash as I am in the middle of filling out the RMA refund form on easybuys site.

No problems with my 1.0.

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2003, 03:42:00 AM »

nothing to do with the xbox onboard bios - makes no difference - the difference is probably the positioning of d0.... thus i'm assuming more people find 1.0's harder (for some reason) but all my 1.1's and 1.0's were fine (2 of each)

wtaag

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »

Mine works using the pin header install method.  I also connected the P and E points.  Mode 4 works well with it.  The LED doesnt stay lite tho.  However... the mod works.

Neo2003

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »

smile.gif

So all this to say, if you do got power on all Header pin except Pin #2 (ground) and D0 is 5v it should work, if you Cham is not broken (like my 1st one) of cause ... If you have a Mitrix programmer re-program the dam chips and re-install it ...

good luck to all!
Pages: 1 2 [3]