xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Evox Boot Problem  (Read 96 times)

100:10100

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« on: May 24, 2003, 10:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (jwilling57 @ May 25 2003, 03:33 AM)
XB won’t boot from EVOX Boot CD:

I installed the X2 Lite chip in my XBox and created a 1024K bin file based on Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k.bin using X2BM and then an ISO using ULTRAISO. I flashed the X2 Lite (via Cromwell) with the new bios and thought all was well. The XB boots the Xecuter logo and seems to otherwise work fine but won’t read CDRW or DVD-R disks necessary for me to boot EVOX.

The XB reports bad or damaged disk every time. I tried TDK CD-RW80 (booting 30-40 times) as well as 3-5 other brand disks. I also tried burning the EVOX ISO to DVD on my Pioneer DVR-105 using some generic 1X DVD-R disks to no avail.

Here’s the $1,000,000 question. Could the BIOS be corrupted and still appear to work as I described? or should I be looking elsewhere?

If it helps, the XB MB is Ver 1.1 and the DVD drive is a Phillips.

Any help on this problem would be much appreciated.

hrm. I dont have a dvd-r but I seem to be having the same problem, lol.  I am using the memorex cd-rws, maxell, etc.  Although I think I used a different bios.  Either way, I dont get the xecutor 2 under the xbox symbol at boot-up, BUT I get a nice BLUE xbox symbol instead of the reg green, which makes me wonder if it's flahed correctly or not.....

jwarrior

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »

Simplex is the best to make an iso

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 08:27:00 PM »

hrm I shall try again to make an xiso I shall see what comes next

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

damnit, I seem to be wasting money here by throwing away discs.  I just cant seem to get it to read the fucking disc.  I am getting very frustrated at the moment.  Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated:)

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »

bump

ripper182

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »

use rewritable discs, holmes. saves money, but about the situation at hand. where are u getting the dirty disc error, not from the M$ dashboard I hope becuase the M$ dashboard will not be able to read unsigned code, thats what evox is for. Evox should boot up from the cd and never even reach the M$ dashboard. keep on trying.

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (ripper182 @ May 26 2003, 07:19 PM)
use rewritable discs, holmes. saves money, but about the situation at hand. where are u getting the dirty disc error, not from the M$ dashboard I hope becuase the M$ dashboard will not be able to read unsigned code, thats what evox is for. Evox should boot up from the cd and never even reach the M$ dashboard. keep on trying.

I am using rewritable discs, but it does reach the M$ dash and then it says it cant read it because its dirty blah blah blah.  Do you think I should try a DVD-rw?  If so I'm going to have to get a burner.  I am going to try to make an xbox iso again and try it with gdfimage because Ive tried xiso, which is horrible, simplex iso, which also did shit.  So I going to try gdfimage and see if that works.

chris67rs

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 05:51:00 PM »

um, it shouldnt get to the M$ Dash... it should load Slayers Evox installer,  or Evox

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 06:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (chris67rs @ May 27 2003, 02:51 AM)
um, it shouldnt get to the M$ Dash... it should load Slayers Evox installer,  or Evox

well I shall try slayers then, I havent been using that, lol

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »

k now im just getting pissed off that didnt work either.  Pretty soon im going to go buy a dvd burner.

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2003, 01:36:00 PM »

Ok, either I am not doing this correctly or I have the wrong kind of disc, or something, because I still cant get this to work.  I make an xbox iso, then I use nero, but when I click burn image on nero it gives me 2 choices, iso9660 or Joliet, I have tried both, with no success.  Am I supposed to burn an iso of the xiso or am I supposed to burn a data disc with the xiso on it?

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

bumpity bump bump bump

queasy

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

mine used to do the same thing and I found out that if I burned a CD-RW (with anything just to fill it up.and as fast as you can) and then erased it and then burned evox or slayers at 1X or as slow as you can then it would read it. I have 3 xboxes with 3 different dvd drives and this works on all of them. I am using Memorex CD-RW's. Hope this helps you out.

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (queasy @ May 28 2003, 04:36 AM)
mine used to do the same thing and I found out that if I burned a CD-RW (with anything just to fill it up.and as fast as you can) and then erased it and then burned evox or slayers at 1X or as slow as you can then it would read it. I have 3 xboxes with 3 different dvd drives and this works on all of them. I am using Memorex CD-RW's. Hope this helps you out.

hrm.  I shall try that, dont finalize the cd after I burn slayers or the iso on it right?  Otherwise my friend has an xbox also and modded his with the same chip and bios and he used a cd-r and it worked for some odd reason.  So I am going to try both of those, otherwise I have to get a dvd burner.  Thanks

GamezMan

• Archived User
Evox Boot Problem
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

Once u'v made the xbox compatable iso, then when u tell nero to burn image it should go straght to the burn box, if its asking if u want "jolet" or whatever u'v done something WRONG, it shouldn't ask u anything, are u sure u made a "xbox compatable iso" and not a normal image ???

Also BEFORE u MAKE the image, add a dummy file to the folder with the evo stuff in it, because some xbox dvd-roms cant boot from small iso's, my own is an example, so get any file about 5o meg or more, name it " abc.dat " and put it in the foulder B4 making iso and maby that will solve ur problems.
Pages: [1] 2