xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: V1.2 Xbox Mod Ok, Cdr Ok :)  (Read 273 times)

maxgeek

• Archived User
V1.2 Xbox Mod Ok, Cdr Ok :)
« on: April 26, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »

GJ. I love the translucent Green Case

crackz0r

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »

i wish i could buy that case.. just the case.. that would own

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »

Yup posted this a bit earlier....

philips is better than thomson but no way as pukka as samsung

think it makes a difference on the brands of discs and also how they are burnt - some cdr rips boot up quite quickly others hesitate where as a few say no thanks.....

http://forums.xbox-s...st=75&hl=slayer

still think try and get older samsung and maybe put up with the bigger pad for best all round stuff - or get a spec edition for £149:99 with 2 green S pads

anyone else got a philips in their ver 1.2 PAL XBOX's or was it just the green xbox's they are building with them in for the moment ?????

gavroche

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »

Well, its a new model XBOX!  So, it should be a 1.3.

If its a limited edition unit, it should be in a class of its own.

Just started this post to confirm that the limited edition xbox works fine with X2s and i have had zero failures with the CDR media I have used (3 brands).

I am also checking for any minor differences between this unit and a 1.2 black unit. (hard to find black 1.2 units in the UK)

Thanks,

Luke.

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 04:07:00 PM »

Ahhhhh c'mon

it could of been a 1.3 or I was actually hoping Billy Boy Gates was gonna give me 20gb h/d to unlock...

but he posted pics too - very good work and to be honest this was the first 1.2 i have seen and was expecting a new board when i saw a feb 2003 date.

and as it was a while since i have been here - last time was when someone in usa said his 1.2 board didn't like a bigger h/d he tried

ok it's a ver 1.2 and they have landed for sure in UK with what it seems as a philips in mine and his xbox - and on a cheap dvdr my one can be a tiny bit more picky than a couple of thomson ver 1.0's i duid recently....
yet I just flashed the cheapermod with slayer's 2.1 utility and 4796.02 and boots an unpatch Rayman 3
anyway the slayer was burnt a cdr and booted fine yet it was struggling to read a cheap dvd that a few thomson's ver 1.0  loaded fine on the same unpatched Rayman once i reflashed tsop to 4796.02 recently

strange this philips drive ?????

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (gavroche @ Apr 26 2003, 08:02 PM)
Well, its a new model XBOX!  So, it should be a 1.3.

If its a limited edition unit, it should be in a class of its own.

Just started this post to confirm that the limited edition xbox works fine with X2s and i have had zero failures with the CDR media I have used (3 brands).

I am also checking for any minor differences between this unit and a 1.2 black unit. (hard to find black 1.2 units in the UK)

Thanks,

Luke.

It's a 1.2

Until you CONFIRM it's different, do NOT call it a "1.3" The versions indicate something different on the motherboard itself (such as modified MCPX codes or a change in the layout)

Thread title will be updated to prevent confusion.

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 04:15:00 PM »

I am waiting on some feedback from some other peeps about the new packs that come with controller S pads

this may be either the very last 1.1's or the start of 1.2's that are now being sold in UK shops
(wonder if the samsung or philips drive is in those black ver 1.2's ???)

anyway - seems to also come with LIVE partially installed on MS Dash when ya first boot it up

nice pics anyway

for anyone else thinking of modding one with LPC - the alternatuve D0-Ground point underneath is cool rather than try and guess where the top tricky to solder point has moved to and risk blowing up ya nice green xbox

also - jeez i do like to waffle - threw in an unlocked 10.2 white seagate as like the one it comes with - this was out of a 1.1 and seems the ms dashboard works ok - no error 21 like i was expecting using an older evolution h/d setup.

gonna find that bloomin' 80gb in a moment - think another late night for me again playing with me new toy

frekkle

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

Where did you get your green box from?

I want one?

any places I should look for in the UK?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »

www.game.uk.com - got mine this morning

www.gameplay.co.uk also doing them too

not supposed to be released till Friday or something like that

frekkle

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »

got it or preordered it?

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 05:07:00 PM »

uhmmmmm

I just modded it m8

soz for slight sarky remark - couldn't resist it

i was bloomin' amazed when it turned up too - coz didn't have the mod i was inrending to use so used one i normally put on ver 1.0's cheapermod/xecutioner/alladin - the LPC one with wires for £10

poxy link wire needed to flash it but all working and now gives out the iompression with the 4796.02 bios it's a more expensive Xecuter 2 lite or something when it boots up saying

XECUTER2

now gotta find a mug to buy it for a silly price and get another 2 of them - lol

just kidding this one is mine mine mine

where the heck is that h/d - did i put in a pc - hmmmmmm

frekkle

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »

so if i order now i should get it by tuesday right?

even though it sais may 2nd smile.gif

alexh

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Pizza Pizz @ Apr 27 2003, 01:15 AM)
I am waiting on some feedback from some other peeps about the new packs that come with controller S pads

this may be either the very last 1.1's or the start of 1.2's that are now being sold in UK shops
(wonder if the samsung or philips drive is in those black ver 1.2's ???)

anyway - seems to also come with LIVE partially installed on MS Dash when ya first boot it up

nice pics anyway

for anyone else thinking of modding one with LPC - the alternatuve D0-Ground point underneath is cool rather than try and guess where the top tricky to solder point has moved to and risk blowing up ya nice green xbox

also - jeez i do like to waffle - threw in an unlocked 10.2 white seagate as like the one it comes with - this was out of a 1.1 and seems the ms dashboard works ok - no error 21 like i was expecting using an older evolution h/d setup.

gonna find that bloomin' 80gb in a moment - think another late night for me again playing with me new toy

I've seen several v1.2 Black X-boxes, all have Samsung drives, all have Seagate 10 Gig hard drives, and yes all come with the new "S" controller.

Alex

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2003, 02:47:00 AM »

thanks for the info

but seems like these green ones may have philips dvd's in them

feb 2003 date

for a while it seemed that nigh on most UK 1.1's were all fitted with samsung drives - infact the 25+ or so myself and a few m8's have done were all samsung's dated september to November models

but i have heard of a few early 1.1's were philips

hard to tell as they seem to have a dvd tray like the thomson's - ie: both are soilid plastic hehind the XBOX tray front clip when you eject them
where as the samsung ones have two sort of square-ish holes behind the tray front clip so you know what dvd is in there before you open it up

cheers for the info - may try and get a early 1.2 with smaller pad before - hopefully not but ya never know - they start throwing in any old drive in there

samsungs rule ok

but philips is certainly more versatile than thomson

Jewish

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »

laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2