xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: My Attempt At An Xbox Mini  (Read 7421 times)

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
My Attempt At An Xbox Mini
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(MasterGouken @ May 6 2012, 09:38 AM) View Post

Sadly i am considering putting this up for sale. I just don't have the time or space to continue working on it.

It would come with the following (if anyone is interested):

(v1 i think) trusty modded 1ghz 128mb motherboard tsop'd
almost completed custom acrylic laser cut case
complete spare set of laser cut plastic to make another case (still has protective film on it)
PICO psu
laptop style mains adapter (uk plug)
laptop harddrive
a sickmods atx to xbox adapter (unsure of working condition though)
the 3 capacitors i removed from the motherboard (in case you just want the motherboard back working in a standard xbox case
The aeropad mini wifi pcb
an xbox to component adapter
some acrylic rod to make internal support posts from
could even throw in an xbox eeprom reader/writer

If anyones interested PM me. I'd rather it go to someone who wants to get it working, preferably in the UK as shipping would cost a lot

I don't think I'm alone in saying this:
If I only had the money, I'd buy it in an instant! This is one of the coolest projects I've ever seen on X-S. There's been crazy arcade cabinet boxes, car-installs, custom cases of all shapes and colors, but yours and ghostavel's are seriously two of my favorites. I'm a softy for mods that look like they could have come out of a factory. Ones that have a sense of style and form-factor.
I myself have an old case swap project that needs still countless hours of TLC, right now in need of a re-do of a 128mb upgrade, that I would love to get finished but working a 40 hr work week plus school doesn't allow much time for non-essentials.
If you do end up selling it, I hope it goes to a good owner and they post updates on its progress   biggrin.gif

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
My Attempt At An Xbox Mini
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »

Thanks man i hope it goes to someone who wants to finish it too. If no one wants to do that i'd rather keep it and  hope that one day i have some time to complete it. I don't really want to part it out..

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
Re: My Attempt At An Xbox Mini
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2021, 01:10:26 AM »

So the forums are back  :d_dance:

I have recently started this project again from scratch. I've used 3d modelling software to make the case design and 3d printed it, the plan is to cnc the case from aluminium and the 3d printed one is to check fitment of all parts.
The psu is an Inter-tech mini itx psu (200w) and I'm using an atx to xbox adapter recreated by N64 Freak. No capacitors should need to be removed.
It uses a sata 2.5" hdd with star tech ide to sata adapter. There will be internal rgb leds too.

The heatsinks are similar to iceberq 4 pro's, they mount the same way.
I've made the faceplate from laser cut 3mm smoked perspex and installed an openxenium fusion modchip which allows 2 oled displays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyIECgM9yU

Here's a short video on how it looks:

https://youtu.be/o_ozrk3fKOs

More details soon

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]