xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: My Attempt At An Xbox Mini  (Read 7557 times)

andyburlow

• Archived User
My Attempt At An Xbox Mini
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

I hope it turns up for you soon! Keep chasing them and get an eta.
They will no doubt be using your job as a 'filler', getting more expensive jobs out the way first.
Good work also on making your plans 'open' to the community - nice move.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

Got an email today, the guy is in the US at the moment but will be back on the 18th. He said he will get straight on with cutting the acrylic so hopefully i will have this xbox mini finished by the end of the month  biggrin.gif

lloydmedley

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »

Sweet news.. then I just want some INSTRUCTIONS! wink.gif Or a price for the job tongue.gif

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(lloydmedley @ Jun 6 2009, 01:29 AM) View Post

Sweet news.. then I just want some INSTRUCTIONS! wink.gif Or a price for the job tongue.gif

LOL well I have asked him to give me a quote for a few extra pieces. I'll see how things go with mine first

AiMsHiT

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

amazing, keep up the great work. can't wait too see the finished product.  cool.gif

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

Another small update, ive bought an upgraded motherboard from trusty for this xbox mini. It has a 1ghz cpu and 128mb ram. I might have to change the psu connector if he hasnt got a v1.1 xbox though...more work lol.
Also i've pestered the laser cutting company again (they're really taking their time!) and apparently they'll try and get the case cut tomorrow. We'll see!

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

Finally the case hase been laser cut and will be posted shortly! I should have it by monday so i can start getting everything together smile.gif
The cost of making 2 of all parts of the case was £78, any further orders are £19.50 plus VAT and shipping (very reasonable!) so if i screw up these 2, i can order more.
Stay tuned..

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2009, 04:48:00 AM »

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

asimmon6

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

looks pretty sweet.  how long is it going to take to put together?

update on mine.  sickmods finally made some more atx converters so should be able to finish mine this week.  i'll post some more pics later this week, won't look as slick as your though.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(asimmon6 @ Jul 5 2009, 03:39 PM) View Post

looks pretty sweet.  how long is it going to take to put together?

update on mine.  sickmods finally made some more atx converters so should be able to finish mine this week.  i'll post some more pics later this week, won't look as slick as your though.

Its going to take a while to put together as i have to route the edges and heat bend the side pieces, then glue in the motherboard mounts etc...lots to do. Im also waiting for my upgraded 1ghz, 128mb motherboard (should be here by thurs/fri hopefully). Luckily i have a couple of days off work so i can get a start on it all.

Yes i saw that sickmods had some more atx convertors in stock and bought one (just in case i need it lol). Good luck with your mini, looking forward to the pics smile.gif

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »

Thanks trusty! My upgraded motherboard arrived today:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Luckily its a v1.0 so i dont have to change the psu convertor connector but now theres a controller port daughterboard to allow room for.
Its a shame its raining here today, or i would be heat bending the case (cant really do it indoors).

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »

Iceberq's are installed, also i removed 3 capacitors as recommended when using the picopsu.

IPB Image

Next: soldering the lan activity led to the underside of the motherboard.

attackofzach7

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

WOW. it has really been awhile since i have been on this site, modding just keeps stepping its game up. Great work. seriously. i wanna see the finished piece.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(attackofzach7 @ Jul 7 2009, 09:49 PM) View Post

WOW. it has really been awhile since i have been on this site, modding just keeps stepping its game up. Great work. seriously. i wanna see the finished piece.

Thanks,
i want to see it complete too but stuff keeps getting in the way (work/weather/life in general) lol.
I have some time off work coming up in a few days though so i'll try to get this xbox mini done.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

Routed the grooves on the side and back pieces, now i just need to heatbend them without breaking anything  unsure.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11