xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "classic" Car Install  (Read 317 times)

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 06:41:00 AM »

Yea, I planned on a laptop drive. And I wont be doing any off roading with it a all. I will be trying to keep it off dirt so i dont screw the paint job up.

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(esoum @ Oct 7 2006, 07:57 PM) View Post

I plan on mounting it in the glovebox because it will make it a bunch easier for what I am using for it. Would those spring things be small enough for a medium size glovebox?

If it's the size of glovebox i'm thinking of then it should. The best suggestion i can give you is go with a laptop hdd, and dont use it while you are driving.

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

Ok, I think I have a plan.
I will have a 160 gig laptop harddrive put into it.
I will then build a mount for the xbox  with sort of "shocks" suspending it.
Instead of 1 huge monitor I will have 3 PS1 screens, 1 on the back of the 2 front seats and one somewhere up front where I can see it while driving.
Maybe I will use ps1 screens or maybe better screens, you decide. I may get some ms paint pics up 2night of where I plan all of this stuff.
Of course, a dvd remote/xir will be built into the dash where you cant see it. I wont put the whole thing there, just the ir led or whatever it is.

Discuss any other ideas, no matter how crazy (to a certain, possible, extent.)

Things I have forgot...

1. I am having a Xecuter3Ce shipped to me along with the front faceplate.

2. Wireless keyboard and mouse. Fold down armrest in back will fold down and be the mouse pad.

3. Four crappy wireless controllers built in (all that I have, may get more)

4. Xbox will be painted to the color of the car interior.

5. Xbox will be built into the cars audio supply.

Odd, I didnt click the edit button but it added it to it for me. Cool I guess.

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

Any body have any ideas?

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Loaded_Gun_Complex @ Oct 8 2006, 02:41 PM) View Post

If it's the size of glovebox i'm thinking of then it should. The best suggestion i can give you is go with a laptop hdd, and dont use it while you are driving.

The thing is, I am going to use this for my cars stereo. I have to use it while driving.

Any body have good ideas to keep it stable while driving?

stellar91

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »

Well, I may have some info for you for the car install, I am an installer @ a shop in MI,  Detroit area, we have done several installs  in cars, trucks and vans with PSone Ps2 Gamecube and xboxes. All can be done without too much effort. The Sony and Nintendo are easier mainly because the draw substaintially less current ( amperage) You NEED a fairly large power invertor to run an Xbox. The other problem is that you really should use a power invertor with a clean/pure  sine output ( read 4X the cost) otherwise there is a possibilty of a grain or a picture with interferance. As far as mounting I have seen several units that have been installed for years without an issue. I plan on running my xbox in my jeep, thats currently in the build stage, never seen any precautions needed yet for mounting.I have also seen 3 installs were the drive was relocated to an outboard position near the headunit for ease of use. BTW we found that about 6 feet is the max to extend the drive cable without having problems. from one we pulled apart and put the main chassis under the seat, hope this may help. if you have any ideas or questions , drop me a PM  smile.gif   Mike

Heet

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

Foam on the inside of two plastic plates.  Seriosly though, unless you get into a wreck or go offroading your cool.  

If you get into a wreck a 200$ hd will be the least of your worries.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

*and ya the only problem you really have with extending wires is video.  Everything else can be extended pretty liberally.

This post has been edited by Heet: Oct 11 2006, 02:16 AM

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 04:37:00 AM »

I dont really know how to state this because I dont know much about it, but from what I heard, you can ground the inverter or something to the chasis and that will fix the video.

True or untrue?

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

Ok, is there any other place I could put it that would make it easy to access. I am thinking about not putting it in the glovebox due to issues with jiggle from the heater.

bnm727

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »

MountMe just announced the first car gaming mount! There is nothing else like it, it's called X-Me. It's available for pre-order!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  Check it out here: X-Me

Trebz

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(bnm727 @ Aug 20 2011, 09:59 PM) View Post

MountMe just announced the first car gaming mount! There is nothing else like it, it's called X-Me. It's available for pre-order!!!! biggrin.gif  Check it out here: X-Me

That's for a 360, this is the Xbox 1 forum.
Pages: 1 [2]