xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "classic" Car Install  (Read 318 times)

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« on: October 06, 2006, 03:10:00 PM »

I would like to do a car install of my xbox but am having some trouble. I have researched it all and stuff here but it is all for new cars... I have a 63' Mercury Meteor. I would like to have my xbox and a 17' flat screen monitor (trust me, there is plenty room. The thing is boat).   I dont know much about this kind of stuff and I am in the process of restoring the car now. Any help that you can provide would be great  biggrin.gif .

Thanks.

xbox modder 222

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

send it to pimp my ride  sleep.gif

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »

You gots to live in California and I live in Michigan. sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

xbox modder 222

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

lol vacation? biggrin.gif

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

I don't see how there would be a lot of a problem except for powering it.  You could do that with one of those 7200 watt adapter things for vehicles.  Wire that mug straight to the battery and you're set as far as that goes.  Keeping the xbox so that it doesn't kill hard drives is a problem I've heard, you might want to find somebody that has done an in car mod and ask them how they did that.

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

I don't see how there would be a lot of a problem except for powering it. You could do that with one of those 7200 watt adapter things for vehicles. Wire that mug straight to the battery and you're set as far as that goes. Keeping the xbox so that it doesn't kill hard drives is a problem I've heard, you might want to find somebody that has done an in car mod and ask them how they did that.

Yea, too much rumble on the hard drive kills it, I know you have to pad it but I dont know how or with what.

R8zerBlade

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Hey I live in Grand Rapids man!
where abouts do you live?

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

Saginaw, sort of.

CGras90

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

wooaa a GR person. I live in Rockford

smalls92

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

why not just mount the xbox on sproings this way the springs absorb the shock and not the xbox

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(smalls92 @ Oct 7 2006, 03:57 PM) View Post

why not just mount the xbox on sproings this way the springs absorb the shock and not the xbox

Should work, little complicated maybe though. There must be a simple way to do it.

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

There is a simple way. Well in my opinion:

You can get these in any local car store like schuks or auto zone. I used them for my trunk to stop the rattles from my stereo (very annoying i must admit) Anthow they are a little rubber foot looking thing about 4/3 of an inch tall. inside of them is a spring with a clip you can mount to any metal surface.the spring stick out maybe 1/4 of an inch and is pretty strong. Those would probably help if you can find a way to mount them to the trunk and to all 4 corners of the xbox.

Or you couls always call Xzibit and ask him lol

esoum

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

I plan on mounting it in the glovebox because it will make it a bunch easier for what I am using for it. Would those spring things be small enough for a medium size glovebox?

CattyKid

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

Something you pretty much almost definitely need to use for a car install is a laptop hard drive.  These are MEANT to be bumped around a little... as laptops are used in cars, planes, people walk around with them ETC.  Although they have smaller capacity and higher cost.... it will be better in the long run.

brewed4you

• Archived User
"classic" Car Install
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Mount the drive vertically.  That should prevent any bumps from messing up your drive, unless your doing some crazy offroading or something.
Pages: [1] 2