xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: "fenced In" Project  (Read 314 times)

Arjun

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a dick or anything...but...you have a job but can't afford plexi? It's literally two dollars...

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

is it really only two bucks? man, this whole time i was led to believe that it was 30 to 40 bucks....weeeeeelllllll that solves that problem.... and no i usually dont got 40 bucks to spare...
got bills, you know...

anyways, update on teh project...

i cant figure out how to get the shielding free...i got it off before, and pucnched a hole in it so that i can wire up my spinning jewel. when i punched the hole, it was big enough for two wires, maybe three, and now i cant fit the rest of my crappy soldering job through the hole...any suggestions on how to make this hole bigger without needing to resolder? i borrowed the iron....if that answers any questions

second, how the hell am i gonna get the plastic lid cut? i brainstormed, and thought about  torch.gif  the plastic with a hairdryer, cause someone had a pic of how he melted the lid tryna get the jewel off, so that would work...and then trimming it to what i want... flamethrower.gif

third, basically i got nothing done...damn i feel crappy dry.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

i dont know if i can post it in here and on the bst forums, but i screwed my stock fan, and i cant get my box to start up...anyone got one they can sell/ship...something?  im in desparete need, somebody?  

but the problem is, i plug in my box, get it plugged in to the tv, and push eject (thats my power) and i get nothing, the green and red flash  and nothing comes up on the screen...is this what you call frag? if so, what the hell did i do? how to fix?

mods, im gonna post this in the bst forum...if i cant, plz remove it from there...thanks...i'm just confused about that..

This post has been edited by mikelspencr: May 11 2006, 05:28 PM

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »

bump tongue.gif  

im not sure if anyone is still interested in this topic, so i bumped it... found a old computer fan, might try to solder it in, anyone know if it will work? its bigger than the stock fan, and i dont wanna fry soemthing else...

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

bumpy biggrin.gif

funnyperson1

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

Here is how to use an 80mm fan in an Xbox:
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/80mm-fan.php

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »

i got two fans on the way, thanx to acex008...

and now, im gonna try the guide from you, funnyperson (although, with a name like that...can i trust you? lol)

sprained my wrist skating, so this is gonna be even more fun tryna do... got teh fencing cut, and violently ripped the spinning jewel off, cause it was loud, and kinda retarded looking...and now gonna cut the lid sometime this weekend (got my lady to hang with, yes im whipped and dont care...)

done: back to stock-ish lid, fencing ready, plexi ready, wrist screwed...12 pack root beer finished

not done:more root beer, cut lid, add fencing and plexi, put back together, post pics, play madden

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

damn fan wont work...i cut the fan to fit and got the wires running to the HD power, like in the tutorial, and still wont work...really dont wanna solder, so i guess im just gonna wait until my fans get here..

in the meantime, time to cut the lid...any suggestions on how well a hair dryer will work? i know you can warp teh plastic with it, but could you heat it up enough to just push the plastic apart and sand it smooth?   ghetto, yes, but i dont care..

questions,comments, flames?

snow rider221

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(mikelspencr @ May 13 2006, 06:39 PM) *

damn fan wont work...i cut the fan to fit and got the wires running to the HD power, like in the tutorial, and still wont work...really dont wanna solder, so i guess im just gonna wait until my fans get here..

in the meantime, time to cut the lid...any suggestions on how well a hair dryer will work? i know you can warp teh plastic with it, but could you heat it up enough to just push the plastic apart and sand it smooth?   ghetto, yes, but i dont care..

questions,comments, flames?

that would warp all the plastic around it soo much, and you would need a heat gun, not a hairdryer.

use a dremel bud.

mstandlee

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

Totally off subject, but..

QUOTE(mikelspencr @ May 12 2006, 10:50 PM) *

(got my lady to hang with, yes im whipped and dont care...)

QUOTE(mikelspencr @ May 12 2006, 10:50 PM) *

done: wrist screwed...

Are you sure you messed up your wrist skating? or were you playing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

mstandlee

(p.s. not tryin to start anything with this post, just thought I'd ask..)

This post has been edited by mstandlee: May 14 2006, 01:09 AM

onslaught_789

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 04:11:00 AM »

seriously dude go out and buy just some cheapass dremel lookalike thing it may not be the best but for like 25 bucks or however cheap you can get em itll be worth it in the end

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(mstandlee @ May 13 2006, 04:37 PM) *

Totally off subject, but..
Are you sure you messed up your wrist skating? or were you playing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

mstandlee

(p.s. not tryin to start anything with this post, just thought I'd ask..)

lol...

anyways i got some work done on the lid, the holes have been cut out, and when i get home tonight, the sanding shall begin...pics will follow the repainting...

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 03:04:00 AM »

quick question...if i just leave the holes cut out, with the fencing underneith, no plexi, wouldnt that keep the box cooler? wuld it make much of a diff?
oh and i painted the lid with a stone-kinda paint...pics tommorrow...

comments, questions, flames...throw em

EDIT: if i decide to use leds around the edges of my holes, how big should i get? resistors? if you know a good combo of the two, let me know so i can search them...

still waiting for the fans...

This post has been edited by mikelspencr: May 16 2006, 10:10 AM

mikelspencr

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »

finally got the painting done, and finished cutting...laid the fencing under neeth, got it all back together...

i tried to upload my pics, but my computer at home was dickin on me...so i may not get them up till later...

but yeah, i spent two days cutting the holes in the lid, and sanded...looked pretty crappy, until i sanded... and sprayed...after i got up this morning, i sprayed the rest of the case with this paint that looks like granite... i think i saw a few people do this "color" and i happened to have it around, so i used it...

after that, cut out the fencing, and laid it in...made it stay with some solder...hee hee hee happy.gif  ( uhh.gif thats not gonna come off later, will it?)

anyways, next, i cleaned my jewel, and couldnt get the few scratches off, and so i was tryna use  lighter to smooth it out (i thought it might work) and when i saw that it made the jewel dark, i was like "hell YEAH!!" so i flamed the rest of it, and made it smoky. i was tryna clear it so i could put fencing under it, but i like this better...

i promise, pics will be up here soon...oh and thanks acex008 for the fans, hoping to get them very soon...

audi-hibby

• Archived User
"fenced In" Project
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

this mod is bodgery at its finest

i love it  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4