xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: General Hardware FAQ  (Read 18117 times)

GrimDeathTaker

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »

ok well i have looked all over this site looking for an answer to my question and from last couple of days have not found it so i will ask i do not have a modded xb but i have two of the older gens with crappy dvd drives can i replace them with another dvd rom drive like from pcs or does it have to be out of another xbox?  uhh.gif

compo

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2005, 11:11:00 PM »

I have issues with the media , reads brand new orig games and dvd's but not burnt stuff and all my stuff is burnt on shitty PRINCO...

so wasted 50 odd discs on games, and 300 on movies...
pity.

I have got 2 samsungs off ebay one newish and 1 2nd hand... i think the philips 2nd generation are ok which is what I have just DONT USE FUCKIN PRINCO>>>

Dano2k0

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »

128MB RAM tutorials do seem to be getting a little hard come by now days..

However i do RAM upgrades, but i'm based in the UK, i have a very good price range and i am willing to do upgrades world wide, please of course do remember RAM upgrades aren't available on 1.6 boxes. If anyone is interested please do PM me. Or get me email from my website in my sig.

To the guy above, if your getting error 07 once plugging in a new DVD-ROM drive, and you don't with an old one, your DVD-ROM drive PCB is faulty. Its blocking the IDE channel so the hard drive times out giving error 07 because it can't comunicate with it. Solution: replace the DVD-ROM drive PCB or the DVD-ROM drive for a whole new one.

swodie

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

My xbox will not read games, but it will read dvd movies and cd's. what do i do? I know it is not the game because my other xbox read all my games just fine.

Helios

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

Get a replacement. Thats what I would do. Try and look for someones dead Xbox or something. Maybe even Ebay?

Woody666

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

DVD-ROM

Where can I get 616T Samsung model?
You can get one right here --> http://www.superpcmart.com/products/detail...il.cgi?sku=1205

Can I just replace my Thomson/Philips/Samsung with  a Thomson/Philips/Samsung from another Xbox without a modchip?
Yes you can do it without the modchip. Just unplug the old drive and put in a new one and you are ready to go!!!

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but does this saying mean, that you do not need a modded Xbox to replace a DVD Drive, or that only a Unmodded Xbox you can just unplug and plug in the drive in with out any issues?  

GrimDeathTaker

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Woody666 @ Nov 7 2005, 04:09 PM)
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but does this saying mean, that you do not need a modded Xbox to replace a DVD Drive, or that only a Unmodded Xbox you can just unplug and plug in the drive in with out any issues?

i have taken my xbox apart many times and i know i can just unplug the old and put a new in but what i was asking was does the replacement dvd drive have to be out of another xbox or a computer one like sony?

wolvorine4424

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

The DVD Drive has to be from an xbox or It needs to be a modified computer Drive...

The Xbox has a different power connector...

Computer has (IDE cable and 4 wire power cable)
Xbox has (IDE cable and 10 wire power/control cable)

Also Xbox DVD Drive does not have an eject botton and that is controlled by the Xbox using the Power/Control cable.

If i'm missing something, Please add or ask.

CalypsoRaz

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

Ok, this is probably a stupid question but I can just use an auto installer, such as the Slayer EvoX 2.6 to install a new hdd?

automaddox

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

here's my problem...i don't know where else to go with this

i had to get another xbox and i bought a new chip and i want to take the hdd (120 gb seagate drive) and move it over to the new one...but what happened was weird

when i put the drive in and boot normal i get error 21...i', sure theres something i have to do but i tried it anyway

now when i booted slayers exov bootdisk and apparently the xbox doesn't recognize the HDD...doesn't even show a HDD connected...i then put the old one back in and it read the drive no problem...so i set that up and got a new set of problems

i want to know if there is a way to get the drive from my original modded box to work in the new xbox...is there some way i can make it read the drive?

could this perhaps be a bios issue? (stats on my setup below)

now a second problem is trying to load things in evox on this new xbox...if i try to load XBMC for example it shows the loading screen then goes black and doesn't start...but i can run some games...i can't figure out why the hell it does the black screen...it does this for some backups and so far all original games and dvds...

i'm trying to elaborate as much as possible

here's the setup

XBOX 1.0
SpiderGX with evox M8 bios
samsung dvd drive (works perfect)
retail xbox drive that i don't want

the desired setup would be with the 120 gb drive hopefully not needing to be formatted...as i have tons of stuff on it that i don't have backed up

i hope someone gets back to me on this...

wolvorine4424

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

when the HDD was in the box did you lock it???

When you try to move it to the new box it cant unlockit and gives you this error...

If it was unlocked and you never locked it, try to unplug it and plug it in 4 to 5 times... This helps (posibly a bad connection) Double check all connections...

Anyone else has any ideas on this one...
I think everyone forgot about the Xbox and are now Playing with the X360...
Comes out tomorrow here...

automaddox

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »

i think its locked.....

automaddox

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

heres a new problem....my controller doesn't work at random times....this is just a mess now.....

wolvorine4424

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »

if it was locked it will only work in the box it was locked in...

You have to insert it back into the box that it was in, unlock it and then move it to the new box...

Double check all connections, also if you can clean all connections so they have proper contact, otherwise it will act up on you and/or freeze on you...

automaddox

• Archived User
General Hardware FAQ
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2005, 02:39:00 AM »

problem with that....the xbox it was in is dead...very dead

there has to be something i can do.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8