xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Led Ring  (Read 296 times)

jeeproject

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

I could have responded in a more appropiate manner but I didn't.  You could have read the pinned topics but you didn't.  There is much knowledge in there.  My post was not ment as a flame but as harsh encouragement to read whats provided to you.  People put a lot of time organizing pinned topics and FAQs to make life easier for everyone else.  Ten when people come in here and ask "what resistor should I use?" its kinda like saying "fuck you I dont care about the pinned topics and faqs" or "I'm an exception and dont need to read the pinned topics or faqs".  I mean you pass by them each time you enter this forum.  People that ignor pinned topics and faqs are the ones that keep asking questions that just got asked yesterday by someone else that didnt read the pinned topics or faqs.

I did not mean to hurt your feelings if I did.  I am an adult and am putting this behind me and hope you can and will do the same.  If not it really dosn't bother me.  I was going to say I dont let little suff get to me but then I wouldn't be typing all this if that was true.

By a different method I am really not sure of what you are wanting.  There is the tutorial method or use a pcb method.  There really isn't a different method.  The tutorial method consists of leds, wire, a resistor, and glue.  THe pcb method consists of a pcb, leds, wire, and a resistor.

Remember reading is knowledge and knowledge is power.

jeeproject

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(waqas)
i am only 15 and i am a bit more mature for my age but dont normaly act like a dick.

Its like you were calling me a dick but for some reason I actually thought it was funny.  mabye its the way you said it or mabye because it might be true.  Actually its not true, rarley do just go off on someone (and after the Marine Corps I can really go off on someone).  If you think I went off on you then you got it easy.  Anyway I thought it was funny because you were calling me a dick.

QUOTE(wegas)
oh yea what i ment was, if you look at the tut on xbox scene the guy hot glues it on, i dont have a hot gluegun therefore i wanted a bit more of an appropriate source of light, since i have some spare leds, i thought maybe a solid led ring would be best, (not single leds glued on)

The only way I can think of doing that is with a glue stick (ghetto cold cathode method) which would not work well at all for lighting the jewel.  Using hot glue for the ring is good because it also distributes the light very well.  Hot glue is also a good insulator for electronic work.

You can get a good hotglue gun from sears for under $10.  I use mine all the time for modding.  If you buy one you will not regret it.  You might be albe to borrow one if you dont want to drop the $10 because I know ends were hard to by when I was 15.

okandroid

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

well we cant get leds in stores either. I get them from 123leds.com

eight_heads

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

well i personally make my led ring by using the top of an ICEE cup... here's a pic user posted image
hope this helps... if anyone needs anymore info let me know

halofreak007

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

lol the top of the icee cup sounds like a good idea

waqas

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

uhh.gif

eight_heads

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »

tongue.gif but the top ring is fairly strong... and i have 16 for a reason(will be posting soon) and it is very effective and bright...

eight_heads

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

nope...haha this is fun
keep trying...

GBlower357

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

I don't have a picture, but I did the bottom of a pop can.   I just cut the metal ring out of the bottom of a can, and that was almost the exact same size as an xbox jewel.   Then drill your holes, hook up your wires and led's, and that's it.   A nearly perfect circle.

iNfErNaL666

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

looks tight and good luck with making your own on your project

(just to add check out my links might like something)

eight_heads

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

tongue.gif
how do you guys like it?

Mattssogay

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

Thats a cool idea Good Job Eight Heads.

eight_heads

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

tongue.gif and Happy New Years Everyone(well, in about 5 hours for me)

Paronga

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

its 1pm jan 1st 2005 here for me!

eight_heads

• Archived User
Led Ring
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »

well what do you guys think? (sorry for kinda trying to take over the thread?)
Pages: 1 [2] 3